Chapter 23

You're not rich until you have something money can't buy.

___________________

Jennie's POV

It was Sunday afternoon and I was lying flatly on my bed and staring at the ceiling of this room. Being in this position has been my habit nowadays for no reason. I just want to feel the coziness of my bed.

"How long do you plan on sulking on your bed?" Jisoo-unnie stated. Yeah, she barged in, again. I didn't answer. I just felt her weight on my bed. "You've got only a few hours to prepare for the ball." She reminded me. Oh right, later this evening is the business ball Alyssa is talking about. And yes, I am not preparing yet. "By the way, Rosé invited me to be her partner tonight." She added.

That statement made me get up from my position and seated in front of her. I confusedly looked at her. "And what did you say?" I asked.

"Who am I to turn down Attorney Park?" She said. She gave me her most precious smile. This is the first time I saw my sister smiling like this. Something is really going on between those two.

"Then good for you. But what would Aboenim think or say about that?" I, then again, asked. My father is old enough and we all know that Koreans are still not that open with this kind of situation, especially, the aged people.

"I am always the rebellious daughter for him, Jennie." She confidently stated and shrugged. "I can handle him." She said and winked at me.

That is what I like most about my sister. She's too brave, which I am not. She's free, I am not. She can do whatever she wants to do, I can't. She can bravely face our father and say whatever her perceptions on things are, I can't. Not until when I came to the Philippines, especially when I met Lisa.

When I met her, everything changed. Not for the worse, but for the better. I somehow learned how to fight for myself. I somehow learned and experienced how to be free. Most importantly, I felt happy.

Thinking about these things makes me realize that that monkey hasn't texted me or even called me this day. She hasn't contacted me at all. Literally none. After that heartfelt gratitude I have towards her for standing up against Kai for my sister, she's acting like this? Yes, after that confrontation yesterday, we had late lunch then she dropped me off to my room. I haven't heard anything from her after that.

"Haven't heard anything yet from Lisa?" My sister inquired. I just shook my head and slumped myself back into my bed. "But I think you have to prepare. You are our company's president, remember?" She reminded me. I was puzzled when someone rang the doorbell in my room. I looked at my sister quizzically. "Oh, that might be the one who would help you in your preparation." She said and smiled. "I took the liberty to ask Minsuh to look for people who could help you, and me. I think this cruise has everything in it, so it is not that hard for her." She stated before getting up from my bed and headed to her room.

I welcomed the people whom Minsuh got and started on preparing for that ball. They applied light makeup on me which I think will suit my black Valentino Chantilly Lace Dress I chose to wear this evening. I am going to pair it up with a black Saint Laurent stiletto. They immediately left my room after the preparation.

"I am going to that event alone?" I questioned myself while looking at the mirror. I looked so good in this. I'll give the credit to them.

My sister is going with Chaeyoung. Of course, Alyssa is with Dennise but I don't know who among our other friends is going with whom but I am sure that they already have their partners. I don't want to go with my parents though. I'll look like a teenager chaperoned by my parents in the prom. But if you ask if Kai would knock on my door and ask me out in an instant, I would rather sleep and spend the night alone inside my room than to go to that event. I hope that Lisa would knock on my door and surprise me. Oh G, where did that idea come from?