Chapter 3: Aaliyah

POV : Shawn Mendes 

« SHAAAAAAWN !!! »

I hear a scream on the other side of the door and quick footsteps running down the stairs. My little sister is coming !

I am so happy to come back home! I have just finished a tour and I am exhausted. I only want one thing : spending good time with my family and friends this summer. I missed my sister so much ! As we both grow up, we become closer to each other. I love her more than anything and I know it's hard for her when I leave for months... For my parents too. I'm only 20 after all.

The front door opens and Aaliyah jumps to my neck.

-I missed you so much plum head !

-I love you too !

She helps me get my stuff out of my car and put it all in the hall.

-Hi dad ! Hi mum !

I kiss my parents, I love seeing them smile ! I know my mother is always nervous about me even if there aren't any reasons. She keeps checking if I'm fine all the time, if I rest enough during my tours. She analyses my songs' lyrics to know if I really mean what I wrote, like for « in my blood». I keep telling her I'm fine but she'll always prefer having me by her side.

-I'm glad to see you Shawn ! Says my father. You're not often home !

-I'm glad to come back too ! I'll stay in Toronto for at least two months ! We'll spend good time together !

-So tell me ! Did you meet any girl ? Aaliyah asks, with an undertone.

-You sound like a journalist ! I laugh. No, I didn't have the time.

-Ooooh...

I can clearly see that she is disappointed. She can't wait for me to meet a girl. I know that I am 20 and it's been a few years since the last time I had a girlfriend, I know I am a worldwide famous person, but I can't find love. Tousands of girls claim to be in love with me, but they are more impressed by my fame, my money or my muscles than by my real personnality. None of them really is in love. I doubt it. Since I finished high-school, I have never felt anything more for a girl than friendship. I would like to have a girl of my own but I am losing hope, just like Aaliyah. That doesn't make me sad ! I have alot of good friendships with girls with whom I spend great moments ! Taylor Swift, Camila Cabello...

-Don't worry ! It'll come one day ! I say to appease her.

-Well I hope so !

-And you ? Have you found someone ?

-Nope.

-I am sorry Mrs. Mendes! Could you please repeat that?! Laughs my dad. And who's that Thomas you talk all the time about ?

I turn around to look at my sister, one eyebrow arched.

-Thomas ? I've never heard about him !

-Well, he's a boy in my class. He's quite cute and we are friends... but that's all !

-And do you like him ?

-Yes...

-I'm gonna arrange you that ! Before I leave, he will be your boyfriend !

I love my sister and I am quite protective of her. Even if I hope she finds love one day, because love is the best thing that can happen in your life, I can't help being afraid that she finds a boyfriend. He will take my place, he will be the one who will protect her... and I am afraid to lose that complicity Aaliyah and I have. Well. I should stop worrying about that. She seems to like Thomas, so I'll make them be a couple. That will make her happy. I think I'll never be able to find myself a girlfriend so I hope at least she can find herself a boyfriend !

We have spent a great evening all four together. I am so glad to be back in Toronto ! I will be able to see friends, go out in our favorite spots and organise parties ! I'll be 21 in a few weeks and I want to have a great party to celebrate that !