Chapter 5

POV : Shawn Mendes 

-I'm going out ! I yell across the house as I grab my phone and head towards the front door.

-Have a nice time ! My mum yells back. Don't come back too late !

-Don't worry !

I get out and start walking down the streets towards the city center. I have planned to spend some time with friends today. I missed them so much ! I'm happy to be able to see them again and have some fun !

The sun shines today and I can feel the warmth on my face. I look around me at the tourists taking selfies, girls doing shopping, kids running in the streets... This city is where I belong ! I put on my earphones and listen to my favorite song as I start daydreaming. «Inside out» from Camila Cabello always makes me smile and want to dance !

I turn left and enter a public garden. I can smell the trees and hear a few birds singing even though I have music playing in my earphones.

A smile suddenly lits my face when I see my friends waiting for me near a fountain.

-Hey guys! How are you doing ?

-Great ! And you Shawn ?

-I'm ok. Glad to see you again !

Four of my friends are here. There is Brian, wearing a hoodie and his everlasting cap on his blonde-redhair, Nick, who made an effort today and combed his dark brown hair, Jason, and Alex. All four come and hug me, tapping gently on my shoulders and asking me everything about this tour.

-So how was Australia ?

-Gosh it was cold ! It's winter there !

-I wish I could go there !

-Maybe I'll take you with me one day !

-And did you meet any girl ? Asks Jason.

This question creates a silence between all of us. They are waiting for my answer but I just can't stand that question anymore.

-Jason why did you ask that. I thought I was clear last time ! Everyone asks me that question. EVERYONE ! Journalists, sisters... and now you again ! I know you are all happy with your girls, but I just can't have a girlfriend. That's it !

-Hey calm down bro... says Alex. He didn't mean to hurt you.

-Yeah...

-Let's forget about this and have a good time !

We walked together and entered a bar where we had a refreshing drink and chatted for a moment. It's good seing theses buddies again.

-Guys I would like to throw a party next week at my parents' house. They won't be here saturday night and Aaliyah neither. Would you like to come ?

-Damn yes !

-You can also invite friends, as long as we can trust them. You know... I don't want weird people taking pictures of the house to post them on the internet.

-Don't worry, says Alex. We'll choose safe friends with whom we are going to spend a night we'll always remember !