Chapter 25: love stories

POV : Alyssa

My work experience at the vet clinic is over so I don't have anything to do for the next two weeks. I had planned to spend every single day with Shawn but right now that's not what I want to do. I just feel like spending the whole day in PJs at my appartment, playing guitar.

I get up and look at my cheek in the mirror. It's better now than yesterday but it's still red and a bit swollen.

I take Archibald with me and after a good breakfast, I sit in the couch and practice my guitar. I sing some Ed Sheeran and Olly Murs songs, they help me evacuate my anger and sadness. Leonor came and sang with me the whole day while Helen and Jen went outside to take some pictures in town.

I didn't send a text to Shawn the whole day. I tried not to think about him but it's impossible for me to take him off my mind. Even if I'm mad at Brian and at Shawn, I still am madly in love with my boyfriend.

That night, I went to bed, and for the first time since I have Shawn's phone number, I haven't sent him a message that day. I hoped he'd be the one to send me a text, but he didn't.

***

POV:Shawn

I feel bad about what happened to Alyssa two days ago. I thought she'd be mad at me so I decided to leave her alone so that she'd cool down. That means I haven't sent any text to her yesterday. She didn't send me one either, which I suppose means she was upset. I miss her. Yesterday was the first day since we met that we didn't talk or see each other.

Because I spent the whole day in my bedroom yesterday, my friends decided to take me out today in order to cheer me up. Brian, Nick, Jason, Marilyn and Alex came to my house and we all went in a place that's special to us.

After a half an hour drive, we arrived at an abandoned warehouse. It's huge and falling into ruins. We like to come here as it's far from everything and we can chill and have some fun all by ourselves.

-Guys, Brian and I have brought some fun ! Alex says.

They take out small packets of weed from their bags and hand them out to everyone.

-Wow there's a lot !

-We need to chill a bit! I'm offering today! Jason says.

We all take some, except from Alex who doesn't smoke and has to drive us back home. It's such a good sensation to feel the weed go to your head, make you dizzy... You kind of lose control of yourself, you say whatever comes up to your head, you let go of everything... I suddenly don't care about anything but the present moment.

We decide to play a few alcohol games with some bottles Marilyn and I brought. It indeed is a good idea to come here with some friends. I was feeling bad and I was depressed staying in my room. Coming here to drink and smoke a bit feels so good !

In the middle of the game, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket once or twice but I don't answer as I am busy having fun with my friends. We played truth or dare and other fun games before deciding to go back home.

I hop off the car and my friends drive off. I enter my parents' house and I see Aaliyah.

-I'm going to leave you the living room. The parent's are not here today, I'm in my bedroom if you need anything. She says as soon as she sees me.

I heavily lay in the couch and feel my head being dizzy because of the weed. I feel depressed in here. I decide to take another joint and smoke a bit before taking my guitar and writing a song. I am lost in my world, there are just me and my guitar that matter. I enjoy feeling like that and if one thing annoys me, it's that we interrupt me when I'm in my world.

As time goes by, I write lyrics everywhere on white paper sheets, I organise them, I go deeper and deeper in my thoughts when I hear knocks on the door. I don't answer, I don't want to. The person knocks another time and enters the house without anyone having answered.

-Shawn where are you ?

I recognise Alyssa's voice. She's walking through the house. I don't want to speak to her. I don't want anyone to speak to me. I want to be alone and write songs !

-Shawn I'm worried. I called many times but you didn't answer. I know you're here.

She walks to the living room and when she sees me, she walks to me and sits by my side.

-Shawn are you OK? Why don't you asnwer ?

-Oh fuck off ! Leave me alone !

I can see her shocked face. She has a wince and stares at me.

-Shawn?! What's happening in here ?

-Didn't you hear me? Fuck off! Leave me alone!

She jumps on her feet and walks back.

-You stink weed. I don't recognise you...

I throw her a mean stare to make her leave. When will she understand I want to be alone?

I see tears rolling down her cheeks as she looks at me. She walks back to me, comes close to my face and stares at me for a second. Suddenly, I feel a pain in my cheek. Wait... did she just slap me ?

-I hope it'll make you remember who's supposed to be upset. She says angrily. Why are you so good at writing love songs, and why do you suck so bad at living your own love stories ?

Then she turns around and walks away.

The second I hear the front door slam, I break down into tears. My heart is aching so bad as I realise what I have just done. I am losing her. I am doing everything wrong. My tears are soaking my clothes, my lyric papers, evrything. I love Alyssa and I am breaking her heart. She is right, why am I writing all these love songs when I am so bad at living my own love stories ?