Chapter 29: the surprise

POV : Alyssa

-Can someone PLEASE tell me where we are going ?

I am leaving tomorrow night, and this morning, the girls forced me to get in the car without telling me anything... They prepared me a bag but I'm not allowed to look at what's inside. We went to fetch Shawn, Sam, Nick, Alex, Rebecca and Marilyn and as soon as everyone was in the minibus, they blindfolded me.

-Never ! Helen says excitedly.

-But it's been more than an hour we'reon the road! I beg. And by the way, must I remind you I'm French? I don't know anything outside Toronto.

-We're not stupid, but you are right in front of the GPS! You might see it !

-Ooooh...

-We are nearly there! I promise! I recognise Shawn who's now the one driving.

-Am I the only one who doesn't know where we are going ?

-Well... Yes.

-Is it something cool ?

-YEAH ! Helen screams.

-Cooler than Shawn bringing me pancakes in bed, only wearing a boxer ?

-Aaaaaah... No. Marilyn says, and I can hear Shawn giggling.

Yes our friends know that we are together, we can't hide that to them. Shawn and I only hide it to the public.

Suddenly, I feel the car slow down, I guessed we were on a highway, but now we are going on smaller roads. Next to me, Helen is getting more and more excited. I really wonder where they are taking me... They gave me sports shoes, so I wondered if we were going on a trail or something.... maybe another camping week-end ?

The car stops and everyone runs out of the car. I can hear Helen screaming of joy and everyone speaking excitedly. I still have my blindfold on so I just wait in the car for someone to help me out. I suddenly feel a hand in mine and Shawn's reassuring voice.

-Come here babe, I'll help you out!

He guides me out of the car and then someone puts me headphones on.

-We are not quite there yet and we don't want you to guess...

My favorite Pentatonix music starts playing and Shawn takes my left hand while another boy that I guess is Sam takes my right one.

We walked for a few minutes during which I tripped over at least twenty times and fell three, and we finally stopped.

It seems to me that we are in the middle of nowhere, but we climed some steps and the floor under my feet is not grass. Where can we be? I really have no idea.

The boys let go of my hands and Shawn comes behind me to take my blindold off. I open my eyes and my heart skips a beat in my chest.

-TADAAAAA ! Helen screams overexcitedly.

All the colors hit violently my eyes that have been shut for more than an hour. Music comes out of speakers and hundred of persons are rushing through the gates to enter a huge building shaped like a castle. Behind it, metallic structures rise in the air and baloons are hung up everywhere.

-A theme park! You took me to a theme park ! OMG THANK YOU !!! I yell as I rush to take them all in my small arms.

-Thank you thank you thank you !!

-Come on let's have fun ! Jen says as she grabs my hand and runs to the gates, dragging me behind her.

-OMG this is so beautiful! I'venever been to a theme park in my entire life !