Chapter 23: going home...?

POV : Alyssa

In a few days, I'll have to go back home in Paris, I'm so sad that I'll have to leave Shawn behind, leave this place, leave the girls... I don't want to go home... I'd stay here all my life if I could. I'd spend my whole life in Shawn's arms, watching the sunset from his balcony, Archibald on my laps and having chocolate for dinner... Today, Shawn came at my appartment to help me start packing my stuff, I made so many shopping sessions... I don't know how everything's going to get in my bags !

I'm feeling so depressed, I'm just sitting on my bedroom floor, looking at all the mess I've made and my bags opened in a corner of the room.

-Hey baby girl, you need to get started. Shawn whispers in my ear, hugging me.

-I know... but I don't want to go.

-I don't want to see you leave either !

-So why should I leave if neither of us wants me to ?

-Because you need to. You need to go back to your home, see your family and your brothers !

-But I love you more than anything Shawn, I want to stay here in your arms forever !

-I know.

Suddenly, I have an idea. A good idea, not a depressed one. I get up, grab my laptop and walk out of my room.

-I'll be back, just stay in my room !

-OK.

I go to Jen and Leonor's room so that Shawn can't hear me and call my parents on skype. After a few minutes, they finally pick up. They have a tired look, it must be late in France. I didn't check the time over there but anyways, I have to call them now !

-Hi mum ! Hi dad ! I say excitedly. I hope I don't wake you up !

-Hi sweetheart, don't worry, we were going to bed but we weren't asleep yet. How are you doing? Areyou getting ready to come back?

-I'm fine, acually I called you to talk about my return. I'd like to put it back to the end of August.

-You're not coming home on Monday? Why not ?

I can see they are a bit sad, they surely couldn't wait to see me but I really don't want to go home now....

-Well, I have some great friends here, I'm having so much fun and...

-But you also have friends in France Alyssa, and they can't wait to see you too! My father iterrupts me.

-And let me finish my sentence! I also met a boy. His name is Shawn and he is my boyfriend now. We are so happy together, I'd like to stay a bit longer with him before we have to part.

-YOU MET A BOY ? My mum screams. That's great ! I'm so happy for you ! But you know that when you'll come home, you won't be able to see him often right ?

-I know, but he has enough money to buy plane tickets. He has a great job and makes a lot of money. Don't worry about this. And I know that the distance won't make us love ourselves less.

-If you are happy here with your boyfriend, stay with him a bit longer, we'll have all the time we want to see you during the rest of the year. I'll take care to cancel your flight and buy you another one at the end of August.

-We love you sweetheart !

-Thank you so much ! Thank you thank you !!

I hang up, run to my bedroom and jump into Shawn's arms.

-I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH SHAWN !!!

-Haha I love you too ! But what happened ? Why are you so excited ? Are you excited to pack your bags ?

-Oh fuck the bags ! I'm staying here till the end of August ! I'm staying here with you !!