~Chapter Three~

~Colin's P.O.V~

It was quite that night at the dinner table. Although it had always been quite since I came out to my dad.

He had grown up in a strict family and it was sin to be gay, my father took it hard when I told him I was gay. I still remember that day.

*Flashback*

"Dad?" I asked knocking on my fathers study door.

"Come in Collin" he called out.

I slid the door open. My fathers office was quite small, will a desk against the wall, filled with papers. My father was a big time lawyer. And a small couch on the other side of the room.

"Dad I need to talk to you" I said sitting on the small couch. So uncomfortable. Definitely need a new one.

"Sure son, what's up" my father did one of those dramatic things you see on tv, where he slides if his glasses.

I breathed in deeply. There was no easy way to tell him this and he may hate me forever. "I'm gay" I blurted out. I closed my eyes expecting my dad to hit me, or scream at me. But nothing.

I squinted my eyes open just a little bit. My dad was as white as a ghost.

He sat their staring at me in silence. "Dad please say something, anything" I pleaded.

"It's okay son" that's all he said. He slid his glasses back on and went back to his work.

I sat there for a few minutes watching my father. Waiting for him to say more. But he never did.

I went to my room that night. I couldn't get his words out of my head. 'Its okay son' was he angry? Did he hate me?

I sighed and got into bed. And slept peacefully no dreamed awakening me during midnight hours.

*End of Flashback*

I glanced over at my dad. He dug away at his pasta. It was hard to tell what he was thinking. When I was younger, he always had this smile on his face, the happiest man alive, but since that night. The night that still gives me nightmares, it had changed both our lives.

"Collin" my dad whispered. I looked over at him But he wasn't looking at me, He was just staring at his food.

"I don't mind you being gay, I hope you know that" my father said.

I didn't know what to say. So I just nodded.

"I.. I just don't know how to talk about the subject, the way I was brought up, it had taught me to hate them, that it was a sin to love another man.

But when you confessed to me that day. I realised then, that it wasn't a sin nor should I hate them" my father rambled on. He would of continued if I hadn't stopped him.

"It's okay dad, I get it" I said in a low voice.

I gave another glance at my dad. He was looking at me now, and I could see a tear in his eye.

"Your mother would be way better talking about this than I am" he said looking away.

I grabbed hold of his hand.

"I miss her too dad, and Sarah" I told him.

My father nodded and stood up, "I'm going to my office, do you need anything else?" He asked.

I shook my head. I ran up to my room. I just laid on my bed and cried for hours. Over my mum and my sister Sarah. How I missed them both so much.

I literally cried myself to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**

(A/N) that's chapter 3 up. I hope you're enjoying this book so far?

What do you think happened to his mum and sister? And what do you think Collin is having nightmares about?

Don't forget to comment and vote <3