~Chapter Sixteen~

~Collins P.O.V~

It has been two weeks now and not a word from Jamie. Although I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to talk to me either after what I had done.

But like any other normal teenager I still for through my day. Wake up. Go to school. Pretend like everything is okay then go home. Go to bed then repeat everything the next day.

"Are you and Jamie still not talking?" Jesse asked.

"Yup" I said popping the p.

"What are you guys fighting about anyway" he asked.

"He's met his dad ad things are just complicated now" I partly lied. It's not like I can tell him the truth.

It's not like I could just say we are fighting because he is a werewolf and I'm a werewolf hunter who is trying to kill him.

I could tell him the truth but then he would think I've gone insane and probably laugh in my face.

I shook the thought out of my head. "So he stops talking to you for two weeks?" Jesse asks.

"Like I said it's really complicated" I said shrugging, taking a bite out of my sandwich.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out lightning fast hoping it was Jamie. But it was just my dad.

I slid the unlock on my phone. "Hey dad" I said rolling my eyes.

"Chief has demanded to see us when you get home from school" dad said sounding stressed. Chief is the boss man that gives us the orders on which werewolves to hunt.

"What why?" I asked.

"He didn't say but I have a pretty good ideA" my dad said.

"Okay dad I'll come straight home after school" I said and hung up.

~*~

When I got home chief was there. "Collin it's good to see you again" Chief held out his hand for me to take.

"I wish I could say the same" I said ignoring his request and say down on the couch next to my dad.

"Please tell us why you are here" my father asked.

"I wanted to know if there was been any progress since the last we talked" chief asked.

"There has been no progress and I don't think this can continue any further" my father said shaking his head.

"Is there a reason why?" Chief asked.

"Because what we are doing is wrong, killing them hunting them down. That just makes us more of an animal then them" my father said raising his voice.

"Have you forgotten what they did to your family!" Chief yelled. "What they did to your wife and daughter"

"No I have not forgotten!" My father yelled back.

"Then why would you give this up! Why would you just throw this all away"

"Because my son has made me realise that hunting them down and getting revenge won't change anything. My wife and daughter will still be gone. And before they were attacked my wife told me that she actually wanted to leave. And I know she wouldn't want me to continue" the first time in a long time I saw my father cry.

Apart from my fathers sobbing everything was silent. I grasped my fathers hand and squeezed it.

"If you truly don't want to be one of us then there will be a ritual so the hunters blood will no longer run in your veins" chief said standing up.

"What about our task, what will happen" I asked.

"It will be handed over to another hunter who can complete the task" chief said.

I was about to stand up and fight back but then I would risk telling him that I knew more about the task then he did. So I bit my tongue and said nothing.

I nodded as the chief walked away. I watched through the window as he got in his car and drove away.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<>>>>>>>>

(A/N) hope you guys liked this chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote <3