Chapter 17: The Broken Mirror

"Len, you've been lying in bed for several hours now, should I be worried?"

I screamed incoherently in response.

"I understand, is there anything else I can do?"

I screamed again.

"You're welcome, I'm going to talk continuously for six minutes now and then I'll leave you be."

I liked that he didn't force me to talk to him.

Fel never just let things be. And as much as I loved her for it, I enjoyed the space, the freedom Elliot Grayson allowed me to have. And in return, I allowed him to have.

"I wanted to tell you this morning but that didn't work out so here I am. Standing at your door, talking to your half dazed form. I actually think I prefer this. I couldn't bear the thought of having to say this to your face." He paused and I heard him take a breath; he shuffled on his feet and I heard a somewhat distressed scratching sound; I assumed it was the growing scruff on his face.

"Len, I was thinking about moving in--uh--permanently? I like it here and you're not the worst roommate ever. You let me cook for you. And sometimes you even help with the dishes. Plus you always take care of laundry. I fucking hate laundry. And you're--you're so good at getting it done without me having to worry about it at all."

"Felicity wanted to move back in." I said, still facing my pillow.

"Oh?"

"I told her to leave. I--I told her you didn't need her anymore. I'm sorry."

"Wow, that's a lot to take in so soon." He sighed. I heard his thoughts play in his head for a few minutes.

And I let him think. I said nothing, hoping that he'd still choose to stay.

"I don't want to accept your apology but I will; I guess in some way I'm glad you told her. This way I don't have to."

My ears perked up. I had finally found a reason to rise from my bed.

"You weren't going to..." I trailed off, facing him as I sat in bed, seriously contemplating getting up.

"I can take a hint, Len. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't respect me." He shook his head. The soft look won me over, I had to get up for this. I took myself right in front of him.

"Elliot Grayson. I am proud of you." I pulled him in for a tight, proud father figure kind of hug.

"Nobody's ever said that to me with that look on their face." He said pulling away and wiping my cheeks.

I realised I probably looked like shit.

"Why don't you look like shit?" I frowned.

"Because I never look like shit." He smirked.