chapter twenty-seven | family

"I've missed this bed so much!" Rye exclaimed, throwing his duffel across the room and flopping down. I shrieked as he caught me by the waist, pulling me down with him.

"Hey!" I scolded him, but I couldn't keep the mood up for long, I was too filled with elation. Rye began smothering my face with kisses, and my frown had no chance of surviving the encounter. "You seem happy," I teased.

"I'm very happy," Rye confirmed, nibbling on my cheek. I closed my eyes, letting the blissful feeling take over as Rye continued to pamper me with attention. I was very happy too.

He snaked his arms around me, pulling me tighter against him. "Do you know what's great?" He asked.

"What?" I prompted, smiling against his mouth.

"Now that everyone in the house knows about us, you don't have to sneak out of my room before morning anymore," Rye answered, then biting his lip said, "I get you all night."

"And in the morning," I reminded him, thinking back to the steamy events at the hotel. Then I pondered a second, adding, "or all the time."

"What do you mean?" Rye asked quizzically.

"I mean... what if I just moved into your room?" I surprised myself with the confidence of my proposition, but I couldn't see a downside, so why not?

Rye's teeth bit deeper into his bottom lip. "What would happen to your room?"

"I don't know- make it into a music room? Second closet for me?" The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea.

"Second closet? So you're going to take half of mine and still keep your old one?" Rye raised a skeptical eyebrow at me.

"Obviously," I sassed back.

Rye shrugged. "Alright, fair play, but if you're going to live under my roof, you have to accept my power over you."

"Sorry, what?" I frowned.

"Well if you're living in my room then you're my property," Rye stated as if it was obvious. It was a clear wind up, but I took the bait.

"You're gonna regret that," I warned as I jumped on top of him, attempting to pin him to the bed to assert my dominance.

"Am I?" Asked Rye lazily as he easily trapped both my wrists in one of his hands, flipping me onto my back faster than I could react. Damnit, why did he have to be so strong?

"You really can't deny my power over you," Rye smirked as I squirmed beneath him. He traced his free hand down the side of my body, landing to hover over my crotch. "Admit it."

As much as his cockiness annoyed me, I couldn't deny it turned me on a little as well. I bit down on my lower lip, wearing a determined expression. I shook my head at him, scared to vocalise anything incase a moan came out instead.

"Admit it, Andy," Rye pressed teasingly.

"You don't have pow- ah!" I cut myself off with an involuntary sigh as Rye squeezed his hand a little. Giving in to the feeling, I pushed myself into him, catching his lips in a steamy kiss.

"Told you, you're my bitch," Rye cheeked, causing me to fume.

"My glowing AF sign is going up right over this bed. Then everyone will see who's the bitch." I retorted, poking him in the chest, "Mine."

Rye snorted, and I took that to mean I had won the argument. When I resettled myself into his chest, the playful irritation dissipated and I realised my heart was pounding. We were going to live in this room, spend every night together. Mere months ago I had been despairing over a crush- I never would have imagined then that this would be happening.