Home Sweet Home

"Home sweet home." I smiled as I helped Niall in with his crutches. He and I were both exhausted. Niall didn't get any sleep last night from the pain in his knee, and when he didn't get any sleep that means I didn't either. I was sadly with my head in a toilet bowl all night long.

"Thanks baby, I think I'm okay." He said. I nodded and let go of his arms. I watched him make his way to the couch, I grabbed ahold of his arm helping him sit down.

He moved slowly to sit on the couch, I held his arm to help him sit. His eyes squeezed shut and winced.

"It's okay babe, I've got you." I told him gently. He forced all of his weight on me. I pushed a pillow onto the coffee table for his knee to rest on. Once he was siting we both sighed in relief.

I sat down next to him and leaned my head onto his shoulder.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." I have him a smile.

He stroked my cheek softly and his pushed some hairs out of my face.

"You feeling okay?" He said, his eye brows scrunched up together.

"No." I laughed a slightly. "I feel so nauseous." I wined.

"That makes two of us."

I turned to face him and smiled

"I'm really proud of you."

He bit his lip smiling. "I know you are, that's what makes me happy."

"You did so good baby, aren't you so relieved it's over." I sighed leaning on his shoulder closing my eyes.

Even though we both felt awful right now, an probably looked like crap, I wouldn't change a thing about this moment with him.

The fireplace kept us both warm with fire in it, the rain softly hit the roof over us.

"I am, couldn't have done it without you love so thank you." He kissed my nose making my eyes open again.

He looked so worn out and tired, I tried to keep my eyes open as well.

"How about you babe, don't ask me if I'm okay when your the one who got surgery, how do you feel?"

"Worn out, I'm just happy your here." He ducked his head in the crook of my neck.

I smiled to myself. I loved him so much

"I love you Ni." I kissed his cheek.

"Love you too love." He smiled. Siting back up.

It was silent for a moment before I heard Niall's stomach grumble. Laughter erupted between us.

''I'll get you something, what do you want?'' I smiled.

''I could go for ice cream.'' He laughed

''Oh boy, Do you remember us getting locked in the freezer that one time?'' I laughed

''Oh my god.'' He put a hand to cover his eyes. I went hysterical.

''All I can think about is peeing in the ice cream bowl.'' He blushed. That made me laugh harder. We both laughed so hard tears were streaming down my face.

''And w-we had the taste test, with the ice cream.''

''And after all of that we still didn't get the ice cream!'' He smiled. Once our laughter settled down, my tummy hurt from laughing.

''I knew that I liked you back then.'' He said more serious tone. But it didn't stop the smile on my face.

''You did?''