Prologue

My hands flew to my face and I felt my heart drop. "No...Funneh! KAT LA!" I screamed as she fell over to edge. I saw the tips of her blue hair vanish over the edge, gone. My knees buckled and I fell on my knees, choking sobs coming out.

I thought back to the last words Funneh had said, Get Draco back. I stood up and whipped around prepared to befall Draco with all of my anger, anguish, and unbelief.

But he was gone.

And so was the army he'd brought with him. There was no one left, except for us and what's left of our patrol of guards. Rainbow and Lunar were standing side by side, watching me with wide eyes. I probably looked pretty crazy, I realized. I bet my mascara was running, my makeup ruined.

Not that I care about makeup anymore. I'd give up any of my makeup, all of them, if it meant getting Funneh back.

I spotted Funneh's sword stuck in the ground a little ways from me. I ran toward it and dropped to the ground beside it, holding on to its hilt like my life depended on it.

I heard Rainbow and Lunar come up beside me and we sat there like that for a while, just holding on to each other- and to what's left of Funneh.

Hours later, Rainbow finally got up and suggested we go back. Lunar, although reluctantly, agreed. I, however, am not a traitor and will not leave Funneh's side until she comes back. She will come back, right?

They pleaded and even tried to drag me away from Funneh's sword, but I wouldn't let them. I held on, ignoring their pleads and meaningless words of comfort. They didn't have to carry the guilt of scolding Funneh, of hitting Funneh. I could still hear the smacking sound my hand had made on her cheek.

A few hours, maybe days, later, I was still there. My stomach had stopped grumbling long ago, and the dryness in my throat didn't bother me anymore either. I didn't know, didn't care, what Rainbow and Lunar did, except that they'd eaten and drunk.

They were impatient, but I wasn't. I would wait for Funneh to return.

Alec and Kyran made their way over to us with eyes full of sorrow. Surely Alec will understand, he was close to Funneh.

Kyran finally succeeded in prying my hands from the hilt of the sword. I tried to scream in protest and wriggle away, but I was too weak. My throat wouldn't work, and I barley had any strength left to move.

Kyran realized that and he carried me back to where the royal carriage was waiting. I tried to keep my eyes open, just in case Funneh comes back.

She didn't.

I manged to see Alec take the sword out of the ground, and lift it up t the morning sun. It reflected off the metal with dazzling light, and onto Alec's face. He looked devastated.

I finally gave in to my exhaustion and closed my eyes, wishing for the comfort of blackness.

Hey y'all! Did you miss us? :P  This is the 2nd book of 'The Krewdom', so if you haven't read the first book yet (Funneh and the Betrayal), please go do that. :)

Since it's summer, we'll be uploading 2 days a week! Tuesday, and Thursday.There'll be 20 chapters in the book, just like in all of 'The Krewdom' series. Hope y'all enjoy!

Xoxo, Cady and Tropical