5• Good Omen

(A/n: Corvus Crowe the magpie it is! 😂)

🐏
Christian crouches down in front of the small girl. She's still in her thin dream blue polka dot sleeping pants and matching cami. Her feet are bare and covered in dirt. His eyes narrow on the swelling and bruising around one of her ankles. Her dark brown hair tumbles down to her ribs. Though mostly straight, the ends seem to want to curl up giving her a bit of a wild and adorable look.

Leaves are in her hair. There's a smudge of dirt on her nose. Not to mention the bruise he'd found on the crown of her head. Judas had mentioned he saw some bruising on her shoulders as well. Christian didn't want to jostle her too much though.

He gives her a soft smile as she scrunches her nose like a little rabbit in her sleep.
"Absolutely precious." He murmurs to himself.

Licking his thumb, he cleans away the dirt on her nose. He watches the way her eyelashes flutter while she dreams. Still smiling at her, he places a hand on her forehead and checks for a fever.

That's when he begins to frown. She's burning up. Without looking back at the two looming over his shoulder, he whispers so as not to wake her," Her immune system has more than likely been compromised. It doesn't help that she's been exposed to the elements as she has."

Indigo's ancient voice, deep and sophisticated, copies his hushed tone," Will she be okay?"
Indigo has been incredibly inflicted with concern for the girl. He feels it's his fault it escalated this badly. He should've taken her out, even if she would have been kicking and screaming. Her father has done a number on her from the looks of it and Indigo feels nothing but remorse.

Christian looks over to his friend and gives him an encouraging smile," Yes. She just needs rest and some food in her belly. You have to remember she's human. They're such frail things."

Christian pulls his hand away from her forehead, cups her face gently with that same hand, and caresses the soft youthful skin beneath. He abruptly stands when he feels stirrings he needs to suppress.

Clearing his throat, he says to the other two," But she's a tough cookie. I can only imagine how long she's been going the way she has. She's lasted this long, I have complete faith she'll be gracing us with her beautiful smile in no time."

Fakir stands by the filthy bathroom door with a glower and crossed arms. He's been unusually quiet since they arrived, considering he'd been cussing up a storm on the way to get her. He stares at her alone with angry yellow eyes that glimmer maliciously. So different from his typical mischievous twinkle.