01

while i was taking the order for the guy in front of me, i kept glancing at the timer on my wrist, watching as the numbers came even closer to zero each time. 

three minutes. the guy i was taking the order from gave me the money and headed over to the other side of the counter to wait for his order. i watched as his head bopped to the beat of the song he was listening to.

two minutes. i had went to the fridge to grab soy milk for a lady. watching the store and eyeing every single possible male that could be my soulmate. jumping backwards when i spilled the soy milk, i swore and grabbed a towel to wipe the spill. 

one minute. the bell above the door of JUNE'S COFFEE jingled as a young boy ran in, looking quite rushed.

thirty seconds. the boy was standing right behind the man i was taking the order for. tapping his foot impatiently, and occasionally checking his phone. 

three seconds. the man left for the other side of the counter and the boy walked up to me and checked his phone one more time. "can i have a regular—"

zero seconds. the timer on both of our wrists beeped at the same time. it was my soulmate. 

"i—uh. we're soulmates!" the boy was looking at me speechless, looking at the tag hanging from my apron, he smiled slightly "hi miami. hey! that's a pretty cool name!"

instead of saying anything, i was staring at the boy in front of me. he looked around 17 or 18 with puffy brown hair, brown eyes, and a off-white mask that was hanging off of one of his ears.

"hi! i'm zach." zach waved at me excitedly and frowned when his phone ringtone started ringing. "wait a sec. i'm just going to answer this, it's really important. hello? corbyn?"

from her spot from behind the counter, miami heard something from the other person that sounded like "you should hurry up with the coffee, jonah's getting grumpy."

"i know, i know, just wait. i'm coming." zach tucked his phone back into his back pocket and took the mask off of his other ear. "um—i'm kind of in a rush right now, but maybe we could meet up again later?" blushing, he looked down at his feet, "i would stay to talk to you, but then i would be killed by my friends, and you don't want that happening do you?"

finally being able to say something, i nodded, "no, and s-sure! how about meeting here later at one?" staring at the brown-haired boy, i nodded my head vigorously. 

"oh. i'm not free until two."

blushing red like zach, i nodded, "sure, two works. i guess i'll see you at two here then. since you're in a rush, your order?" regaining some of my confidence, i started tapping at the buttons when the boy recited his order. 

"a regular black coffee please." taking out his wallet he gave me a ten dollar bill, "keep the change and here's my number just in case you need it." handing her a slip of paper he smiled and handed over to the counter to get his order.

[happy birthday zach <3]