45

to miami, nervous was an understatement. today was the day timeless was going live, miami didn't know what to expect and she was stressing over it. however, miami had the opening party of timeless to take her mind off things.

"what should i wear?" she asked zach over facetime, "this one, or this one?" she held up her first dress, a black v-neck and then her second dress, a white spaghetti strap dress with a white cover up. zach tilted his head. 

"the white one," zach said, "definitely that one."

miami stared at him. "you didn't choose this dress because it covers up the scars, did you?" 

zach looked taken back. "what? no!" zach said, "miami, i'm not— no! okay? i didn't choose the black one only because i feel like it's not really a good idea for a beach party." 

 "oh—" miami looked down at the black dress, "oh you're right. sorry." she said."no, it's okay," 

zach smiled gently at her, "no worries. hey!" zach changed the topic, "are you excited for the beach party?" 

"yeah," miami grinned, "i'm so glad maya let us use her beach house." zach nodded and then grinned. "i'm glad because i get to throw you in the water later." 

"not unless i throw you in first," miami challenged.

zach barked out a laugh. "i bet you can't even lift me." he flexed his arms at the camera, "look!" 

miami scoffed. "bet." 

"okay, bet," zach grinned, "can't wait to see the look on your face." 

miami only rolled her eyes, "don't act so tough zach, we'll see who's wet later. now i need to change, so i'm going to end the call, okay?"

 zach nodded, "kay, i'll see you later then." zach smiled and waved. "see you later!" 

soon, the party became bustling with family and friends. miami weaved her way through everyone. they were all congratulating her on the release of timeless. there were many familiar faces but also some unfamiliar ones. those were the faces of the boys' families. besides zach's family, miami had never met jonah, daniel, corbyn, and jack's families.

eventually miami had met up with everyone at the party. now, she was taking zach to meet her parents. "mom, dad!" she waved at her parents who were both sipping wine from cups. when she got to her parents, she pushed zach forwards, "this is zach." 

zach smiled awkwardly and waved. "hi!"

miami's mom nudged her father, whose hand was reaching towards the shellfish on the table. "oh!" her dad laughed and turned away from the table, "nice to meet you zach," he put his hand out for zach to shake. 

zach's hand let go of miami's and he shook her dad's hand. "nice to meet you too mr. fort." 

her dad laughed. "oh you don't have to call me mr. fort, peter is just fine," he then winked at zach, "you're going to be the father of my daughter's children after all. 

both zach and miami blushed bright red. "d-ad," miami said, "don't say that." 

her dad shrugged and his dad twinkled mischievously. 

her mother then said to zach, "don't mind peter" she said glancing over at her husband, "i'm michelle." she pulled zach into a hug and put her head to zach's ear, "i know you're soulmates, but hurt my daughter and you'll regret it." 

miami noticed zach's eyes widen and she knew her mom had said something. again, she said in an annoyed voice, "m-om, please stop harassing zach. he can only take so much." 

"hey!" zach protested, "i'm a man. i can take a lot." 

miami smiled softly at zach. "sure you can." 

a tap on a microphone caught everyone's attention. it was audrey. "hello!" she said, "i'm audrey, miami's wonderful manager," she grinned, "and thank you all for coming here tonight. we're all so thankful that you could come and because timeless is going live in a couple minutes," several whoops happened so audrey waited patiently until they ended, "i'd like to invite miami up so she can say a couple words," she beckoned at miami, "come on!" 

zach pushed miami over to audrey. "what?!" miami glanced at audrey and then zach in surprise. 

"go," zach mouthed. he gestured at audrey. 

when miami got up to the podium, she glanced out at the small crowd in front of her. "uh hi," she said, "i'm miami and again, even if audrey already thanked you all, i'd like to thank you all for coming to this celebration. i'm really happy that i could share this with you. um—" she glanced at zach, who only smiled in encouragement. she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "i was in a really dark place almost a month ago. i felt like the darkness was threatening to swallow me up. i felt like i was too insignificant for this huge world; except i wasn't to so many of my friends and family. instead, they saw the best in me and encouraged me to be myself. they told me to stand up for myself and take others' criticism and bring myself up with it. they were right. i'm standing here today, with one of the biggest accomplishments in my life happening soon and i'm so glad i have so many people who love me. to my parents, thank you for everything, for raising me. to audrey and maya, thank you for your support and your constant encouragement, i couldn't have done this without you. to everyone in the crowd out here, thank you again for coming to celebrate this moment with me, and finally, to zach," she smiled at him, "thank you for being my soulmate. thank you for telling me that i'm not so insignificant in this huge world. thank you for staying by my side. i love you." 

zach followed by shouting, "i love you too." 

miami blushed and smiled at him and she checked the time. "and now what you've all been waiting for, timeless!" just as miami said those words, timeless, the website, was released to the whole world. "thank you all for everything." miami said, "i couldn't have done it without all of you." 

*:・゚✧🧸 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

fluff check, meeting the parents check, end of book check, yes it's the end of the book, i'm sad now, katie is now emotional check, katie is now crying check

lol okay im back and not crying. omg this is the end of the book. i still have to get the epilogue out but then other than that, this book is finished. whew it took long to finish this book because im a lazy ass :) oki im gonna go cry again

OH AND YES I FORGOT. MIAMI'S PARENTS. I NAMED THEM AFTER AN ✨ ICONIC ✨ COUPLE GUESS WHO IT IS IN THE COMMENTS HEHE.