17

all four of them had just gotten off a ride and miami was now stumbling around. "oh god," miami cried, "i think i'm going to die," she threw herself onto zach for support and almost sent the both of them tumbling onto the ground if zach hadn't grabbed the lamppost for support.

"i think you'll be fine," zach said, pulling miami up so she was standing again, "no need to send me down along with you." 

miami only pouted at zach, "but i'm your soulmate." 

"and you're also the most annoying person in the world," zach shot back. 

"if you speak to me that way, i will disown you," miami threatened zach.

zach only smirked and shook his head, "you'll end up talking to me anyways." miami only frowned and stuck her tongue out at him. 

"hey," audrey interrupted their banter, "are we going to go on the next ride or not?"

miami was then forced to go onto the next ride, the one she dreaded the most, the rollercoaster. "oh come on, it'll be fine," zach told miami, grinning at the horrified look on her face.

"you're not the one who's scared at rollercoasters," miami groaned, "why did i agree to come with you." when she saw the line for the rollercoaster, she brightened and smiled, "look! the line is long, why not lets just go and sit down on that bench over there." 

zach just glared at miami and said, "you are not saying that." he led her over to the line and held her there, "stand." 

miami stared up at him with wide eyes and changed, "b-but zach," she whined, "i'm your soulmate, don't force me on a ride where i'll most certainly die on." 

zach hesitated but his choice was made for him when maya pushed herself between the two, "don't listen to her, she's completely fine." 

miami reached her hand out to hit her friend in the head before muttering a loud but distinguishable, "i hate you." 

"i hate you, i hate you, i hate you," was the only sounds zach was hearing besides the obnoxious creaking of the ride. miami had hid her face into his shoulders and was clutching the safety bars that were holding her down, "zach! help me," she cried out, her wide eyes moving over to zach's grinning face. 

"nope," zach chuckled. miami sure was cute when she was scared out of my mind. 

 "oh my god," she whimpered when she saw the drop, "fuck," then she let go of her right hand and grabbed zach's hands instead. 

zach's head slowly leaned down and stared at the trembling hand that was intertwined with his. his eyes then moved up to the trembling, red face that belonged to miami. the girl jumped slightly and let out a yelp when the car plummeted down the drop. zach only smiled and let out a loud laugh when he saw how vulnerable miami looked.  

when the car had finished its last drop, miami's head, which had found its way to zach's shoulder, lifted off of his black clad shoulder. "is it over yet?" she blearily asked, blinking at the surroundings around her, "has the torture ended yet?" 

zach let off another loud laugh and nodded his head, "yeah, the ride's done." after the cars had pullen to a creaking stop, and the safety bars had been lifted, zach turned around to miami who was still sitting in the seat, "are you going to get out or go on another ride again." 

miami shook her head vigorously and climbed out of the seat before stumbling and falling into zach. he let out a hmph and his arms instinctively wrapped around her, "you got to be careful," he whispered into her ear, "you're going to knock the both of us down someday."