21

"i'm sure they'll love you," zach reassured miami as he watched her eat a burger, "you're kind, you're funny, and you've already met corbyn. after we facetimed, he said he liked you and the facetime was only for a short while. if corbyn likes you, than all the boys will like you, okay?" zach had came to in-n-out earlier than the other boys who were arriving at 3:45 because he had wanted to spend some time with miami. 

sighing, miami put her burger down, wiped her hands with a napkin, and propped her head up in her hands, "but—." 

"no buts," zach said, staring at miami's eyes, "you'll do fine, okay?" just as he said that, he noticed jack's car pull into the parking lot, "now finish your burger and fries and just try not to overthink things." 

after taking the last bite of her burger just as the last two boys, daniel and corbyn trickled in and jack and jonah came back from ordering their food, miami wiped her hands nervously on her soiled napkin. "you'll do fine," zach whispered reassuringly while stealing a fry from her tray. 

"hey miami," corbyn smiled widely at the girl, "i like your outfit." he commented. 

blushing, miami thanked corbyn, "i wasn't really sure what outfit to wear today, but if you like it, than i guess i made the right decision." 

"yeah! i do," corbyn said, fingers reaching for a fry on the tray in front of him. 

"you're still in school right?" jonah asked. 

"still in school last time i checked," miami said smiling.

"then how is that going to work?" daniel intercepted, "if you have school, how are you able to go on tour with us?" 

"if tour starts on march 20, then i still have time to join before school actually starts," miami paused for a second to think, "i think i have seven to eight days." 

"then that's awesome!" jack replied, "wait, just to be sure, you and zach," he said while pointing at the two, "soulmates?" 

"yes," zach replied while rolling his eyes, "and how many times have i said she's my soulmate?" 

"seventeen?" jack said meekly before stopping and adding, "did you hear that miami?" he asked, "zach's talked about you and him being soulmates for at least seventeen times— and about how pretty, charming, kind, humourous, and i could go on but there are honestly too many." 

raising her eyebrows in a 'wow' gesture miami grinned at zach, "seriously?" she asked.

"well i had nothing better to do," zach replied weakly with the boys laughing in the background. 

after a short period of miscellaneous talk between the six, they moved onto a broader topic, "what are your plans for the future miami? i mean, all five of us decided to become singers," jonah gestured to the five boys, "what do you want to do?" 

"i guess i want to open my own makeup and clothing line," miami said, "it's always been a dream of mine, to have my own makeup and clothing line. maybe make it bigger if it works out," miami shrugged, it's a farfetched dream though. 

"no! it's not," jack said, "daniel's sister, anna creates clothing and sells them online. and i'm not supposed to say this, but my sister ava is creating her own makeup line, hyaline. they both went for it and it turned out great. you should try it," jack suggested. 

"what would you name it if you were going to do it?" corbyn asked. 

"i don't know, maybe after my name miami, or maybe amor, which is love in spanish." miami trailed off, "i'm not sure if it's good though." 

zach's eyes brightened, "amor is awesome! you should totally do it! it would be a great opportunity." 

tiling her head, miami thought for a couple seconds before nodding her head, "i might just do it." letting the boys talk, miami focused her attention on her phone. it had been buzzing because of countless repetitive calls from maya. checking her phone, miami saw multiple missed calls and texts. 

𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆

𝗠𝗔𝗬𝗔

maya 🌌

miami ☀️

may 🌌

I KNOW YOU'RE AT IN-N-OUT MEETING ZACH'S BANDMATES
BUT THIS IS AN EMERGENCY

PLEASE DON'T GHOST ME, NOW IS NOT A GOOD TIME

DUDE CHECK THE GROUP CHAT

CHECK IT OUT I SWEAR

WE NEED TO FIND AUDREY NOW AND I CAN'T DO IT MYSELF

ISTG MIAMI YOU ANSWER RIGHT AWAY 

AUDREY'S GOING TO KILL HERSELF 

DUDE SHE'S GOING TO KILL HERSELF

SHE'S SAYING BULLSHIT IN THE GROUP CHAT

WE NEED TO FIND HER

MIAMI 

MIAMI 

OKAY FINE I'M FINDING HER MYSELF BUT CALL WHEN YOU
FINALLY READ MY TEXTS

swearing, miami excused herself from the table and walked away dialing maya's phone number with shaking hands. 

"hello?" maya asked impatiently, "are you still at in-n-out?" 

"yeah," miami admitted, "i'm sorry i didn't see the texts and i'm sorry i ignore the calls." 

"yeah well now isn't the time for apologies," maya said, "i can't find audrey and she said she's going to kill herself. she literally said 'i can't take it anymore' and 'i love you guys and i'm sorry'. what bullshit is that?" maya said angrily, "she can't just leave us. we're there for her always and we're trying to help her and now she's trying to kill herself?" 

"okay slow down maya," miami said, "i'll help you find audrey okay? where are you? i'm coming now." she started heading back to the table. 

"i'm by the park by audrey's house. i'll wait for you." maya said. 

"okay i'm coming now, don't worry okay? i'll see you soon," miami took the phone away from her ear and hung up. "i'm sorry i have to go," she said to the boys, "something happened and i have to go deal with it." 

no one seem to notice her worry except zach. he chased after her, "what's wrong?" he asked, "do you need a ride? i can give you one." 

"nothing's wrong," miami growled as she swung her backpack over her shoulder, "i don't need help." 

"something's clearly wrong miami," zach told her, "you're obviously lying and i can see the obvious worry." reaching his hand out to grab miami's arm, he stopped her just before she opened the door. 

"audrey's trying to kill herself, okay? and i completely ignored maya's calls until just earlier. now i have to go find audrey." tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. 

"what?" zach was confused, "audrey's going to kill herself?"

nodding her head miami, pulled her arm out of zach's grasp, "now i really have to leave zach. can you let me do that?" 

"no," zach said, stopping her hand from opening the door, "i'm not. you're going to leave with me and the boys and we're going to help you find audrey okay? i promise. but right now, you're too worried to think straight right now, i can see by the way you just reacted earlier, so just let us help. more people will be better anyways." 

slowly nodding her head, miami smiled back at zach, "thank you." 

zach returned the smile, "what else are soulmates for? now let's go back and get that help i promised you." 

hello it's been a while since i updated and i'm sorry about that, but it's spring break now and that means more updates :)