19

miami was sprawled across the table, head touching the wood and fingers tapping against the shiny surface and awaiting her parents arrival. her parents had left on an unexpected business trip and were only coming back today. 

groaning, she muttered to herself, "what am i going to say?" 

after testing a couple of useless ideas, miami found herself staring at the wall, mind blank. she stayed in that position for a whole two minutes before the front door of her house banged open. "honey, we're home!" she heard her mom call out, miami startled and stood up, giving each of her beaming parents hugs and asking how their trip had went. 

when her parents had settled down and were all eating the dinner miami had prepared, miami awkwardly cleared her throat. "mom? dad?" 

"hm?" her dad asked, taking his eyes off of the plate in front of him, "do you have something to say miami?"

"you know how i found my soulmate a while—." 

"oh my god," her mom squealed, "i've been waiting for you to tell me about it! i didn't want to pester you and was only waiting for you to tell us. tell me honey, who is he." her mom dropped her fork and grasped miami's hand, "tell me please. i'm so excited!" her mom beamed at her, still holding onto miami's hand. 

"well," miami started, "he's really cute, 17—." 

"what's his name?" miami's dad cut off, he was curious as to who was his daughter's soulmate, " anything bad on his records? does he take drugs? school? honey, does he go to school with you? what's his job?" 

her dad was cut off by her mom's reassuring hands, "noah, i think that's enough for now. let her answer the questions." 

"zach herron. well his real names actually zachary but he prefers zach." miami's dad nodded his head, "he doesn't take drugs, no bad records, and about school..." she trailed off and coughed, "he dropped out." 

"what?!" her dad was shocked, "your soulmate dropped out of school? he's 17 for god's sake." 

"he dropped out to pursue his music career, dad," miami smiled awkwardly, "you know sing, perform, play an instrument." 

"such big dreams he's chasing," her dad shook his head, "and was he successful?" 

"very," miami said staring at her dad, "he's a literal celebrity. when we met, we decided to go get chipotle, 10 girls came up to him." 

miami's dad rubbed his forehead and scrunched his eyes shut, "so you're saying your soulmate dropped out of high school to pursue his music career." 

"yep," miami popped her 'p', "he's in a band with four other guys, i haven't met them yet, but we have texted and we're meeting up in two weeks because i want to go on tour with them." 

"don't you have school?" her mom asked. 

"it starts march 20, so i could go a week and then come back from school," pausing she looked at both her parents, "please?"

sighing her dad looked at her mom and exchanged a silent message. nodding he agreed, "as long as you call us every day and let us know what happens, then yes you can go. one more thing, we have to meet zach before you go on tour with his him and his bandmates."

grinning miami nodded her head, "thank you, thank you!"

𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒎

miamifort

liked by imzachherron, username and 5,987 others

throwback to a week ago, zach was being the mean person he always is

(VIEW ALL 789 COMMENTS)

username: they hung out what @username are you sure they're not soulmates?
username: @username okay, i think i stand corrected

imzachherron: literal definition of beautiful
miamifort: @imzachherron you can't even see my face properly
imzachherron: @miamifort do you think i care? n i see ur face enough already so-

username: ahhhh they're so cute!!!

miamifort: zach also dropped me right after this photo

imzachherron: @miamifort i let you down very gracefully
miamifort: @imzachherron as graceful as an elephant?
imzachherron: @miamifort we will not speak of this

load more comments

this one's kind of a filler :)

—okay some big stuff is happening in the next chapter, actually