15

the very next day, miami sat on the porch, waiting for zach to pick her up. the four, miami, zach and audrey, maya had decided to split up into these groups and meet each other at the pier. she was staring up at the clouds and focused on one that looked much like a bunny drifted by. 

a loud car honk drifted miami out of her daydream and jumping the slightest bit and seeing zach's head looking at her through the open passenger side window. "hey!" he shouted, "are you going to get in or what?" 

muttering a soft "sorry", miami gathered her bag, wiped off her pants, and ran over to zach's camaro. "hey zach," she smiled softly at the brown haired boy and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, "how was the lunch today?"

zach groaned "don't ask me about it, completely boring. i sat there eating and nothing else." he started driving down the street.

miami shook her head at zach, "it's a meeting zach, aren't you supposed to be listening?"

"well, jon did talk about 8 letters tour." zach said, glancing at the side mirror before turning left.

"you're going on tour?" miami asked.

"yeah," zach said, "we got to have a tour for our album sometime right?" eyes brightening, he reached behind to the back row and brought back a box. it was a box of donuts.

a smile appeared on miami's face. "donuts!" she exclaimed, the realizing what had happened she had just experienced. she gaped at zach, "you got me donuts." she hugged the box to her chest and opened the flaps.

looking sideways at miami, zach watched her put a donut in her mouth, "yeah i did. why wouldn't i?"

putting another one in her mouth, miami waited until she had swallowed before saying, "because you yesterday said the opposite."

"no i didn't!" zach protested, "what could make you think that? i'm hurt miami." shaking his head as if he was disappointed in her, he reached his hand to take a donut out of the box in miami's hand.

slapping zach's hand away, miami glared at him, "don't touch my donuts," with venom dripping off her voice, "so you better be a good boy and leave these donuts—hey!" she said as zach's hand shot out and stole a donut from the box. "what did i just say?"

"that i should steal the donuts," grinning at the pouting girl zach's eyes slowly traced over her face. they were soulmates and had only known each other for a short while, but zach was sure he liked her, hell maybe he even loved her. well, he wasn't exactly sure about the latter, but he definitely did like her. 

the same thing was going through miami's mind, her eyes traced along the boy she had only known for a while, she was sure she liked him, but did he feel the same? 

a loud honk broke them out of their trance and zach's head whipped back and faced forward again. pressing the gas pedal a bit too hard, both of the sped forward. laughing awkwardly zach glanced over at the girl and noticed a couple flecks of white powder on the corner of her mouth. "you have a little something here," he whispered softly, reaching a pinkie finger over to wipe the powder off.

miami blushed reached a finger up to touch the corner of her mouth, and said flustered, "f-focus on driving zach," then she turned around and looked out the window. 

zach smiled and shook his head, this girl definitely was sometimes a mystery to him.