02

my shift had just ended and i had just hung up my apron on the hook inside the employee room. heading to the employee bathroom that was connected, i stood in front of the small mirror that rested just above the sink. brushing my fingers through my hair, i smiled at my reflection. taking a deep breath, my hand reached for the knob of the door and i opened it. pushing through the swinging door that led out to the cafe, i headed over to a table by the window.

sitting down, a waited for zach. after a short while, to be exact, 2 minutes after 3, the brown haired boy entered the cafe. when he spotted me, his eyes lit up and he headed over to me.

"hey!" he said, "my meeting ended late and then my uber was late and—now it just sounds like i'm spouting a bunch of excuses." grinning at me, the boy pulled out the chair across from me and sat down.

"no, no it's fine." i said, "since we're soulmates, i thought we should start off with me knowing your name,"

"oh, right! " the boy smiled at me, "i'm zach. your name is miami, right?" looking at me with bright eyes, he moved his hands from his lap to the dark brown wooden table.

nodding my head, i smiled at him, "miami. that's right." shifting my portion on these at, i crossed my legs.

"miami." zach said. tilting his head, he looked at me. "that's a really cool name. really unique."

smiling softly, i blushed. "my parents met in miami. so they only thought it was right to name me after the place they met." subconsciously smoothing put my t-shirt, i waited for a response.

"wow! miami? that's pretty cool. i've never been to miami but i've been to hawaii. it was really pretty. i went with that guy you saw earlier today and some other friends." 

"oh wow really?" my eyes widened, "my parents never brought me to miami, even though i think they should, considering they met in miami after all." i said while smiling at zach. 

"oh wow! then maybe i should bring you one day," zach grinned at me, "since we're soulmates after all."

"no! it's fine. you don't have to bring yourself to do that," staring at him, i shook my head, "not necessary." 

the corners of zach's mouth lifted, "we'll see. anyways, how old are you?" 

"17." tilting my head to the side, i asked him, "how about you?"

"17 too!" zach then asked, "when is your birthday? mine is may 27."

"june 1," uncrossing my legs, i moved to a different position, "aww. you're older than me, and i thought i was older."

"what?" zach looked at me in shock, "what is it about my looks, do i look young? why thank you."

"no." staring at zach, i smiled, "you look immature." 

"hey! i do not immature," he protested, "i am just young."

"sure, whatever floats your boat," grinning at him, i then asked, "what do you do? well, if you do have a job. my parents are really strict in finding someone who actually does something."

"i sing," zach said. 

"sing? as in gigs or performances?" leaning forward, i looked in zach's eyes. 

"performances. i'm actually in a band," taking out his phone, zach showed me a photo of him and four other boys, "this is me," pointing at himself, "and this is daniel, corbyn, jonah, and jack." pointing at each of the boys in turn, he then smiled, "they're like brothers to me." 

gasping, my eyes widened, "are you a celebrity. oh my god, i'm soulmates with a celebrity." 

"woah," zach blushed, "we're not that popular. it's just really small performances and small groups of fans. now, let's move onto another topic. what else do you want to know?"