28

୨୧⋆。˚ 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝟏 part 1 *+゚  donuts

miami awoke to a quite bus. well, a mostly quiet bus. there was warm pressured on her shoulder. maybe a hand shaking her awake. 

she grudgingly turned around and blinked. harsh morning light was shining through her opened bunk curtains. "hey," a voice said. zach was standing eye level from her and smiling down at her blinking face, "mornin' miami." 

"what," miami turned her back to zach again and tried to burrow her face back into her pillow. zach didn't let her. 

"wake up miami," he complained, "it's already 10." zach tried to gently coax her head from her spot in her pillow. 

"and a horrible time to wake up," she mumbled into her pillow, "let me sleep zach." 

zach shook his head and disagreed. "no. i already let you sleep and hour later." he tugged on miami's arm, "let's go. we're short on time." 

"but sleep," miami groaned and threw zach's arm off her, "leave me alone." 

zach gave up and tried a different form of persuasion. "fine," he shrugged, "i guess you'll just miss out on the donuts we were going to get." he turned around and headed for the stairwell only to stop when he heard rustling behind him. "i thought so," he said smugly, "get dressed m. i'll be waiting downstairs." 

miami stuck her tongue out at zach's retreating back. she then rubbed her eyes and sorted through her clothes. piking up a pair of her favorite mom jeans, a turtle neck, and an oversize graphic tee. 

after she had finished her morning routine and applied a light layer of makeup, she went to find zach. he was leaning against the couch pressing away at his phone. "i'm ready," miami said.  

zach's eyes left his phone screen and he grinned. "finally, and i thought you crawled back into your bunk. let's go," he stood up and brushed past miami. she stood in her spot and watched zach leave the bus before rushing to follow him. 

"hey wait up," she called out, rushing to follow zach's footsteps, "where are we doing?" she couldn't catch up to zach's quick pace, "can you slow down?" 

"donuts remember?" zach lessened his pace by a fraction, "and i thought you'd remember," he scoffed a bit and looked at miami, "you have the worst memory i've ever seen." 

"maybe it's because you abuse me too much," miami teased, "my head is damaged. anyways, where are we going?" she asked. 

zach had been quite secretive, besides the donuts. he had wanted to keep that a secret as well, but he had to let miami know about the donuts in order to get her out of bed. "you ask to much," zach said but answered miami's question anyways, "a donut store." he didn't go any deeper into his plans, he wanted to keep everything a surprise. 

"yeah i know we're going to a donut store," miami said, "how long are we going to be walking for? you seem to know where to go." 

"uh," zach didn't want to tell miami he had spent almost a whole week to plan all five days, "i just do," he shrugged. "i told the driver to park near where we're going so we wouldn't have to walk long." zach's answer was timed well because they had just arrived at the donut shop. 

miami's jaw dropped when the door opened. the smell of donuts was extremely tantalizing. "i'm hungry," was all she could say. the walls were pale with gray highlights and the interior was warm and cozy. though it was only 10, the shop was buzzing loudly with customers. "it's so cute," she gasped. 

zach pointed at a chair, "take a seat. i'll go buy some donuts. the time passed quickly as miami spent her time waiting for zach studying the tiniest details in the shop. the shop intrigued her as there were constellations on the wall and ceiling and through this, she spent her time naming each constellation. 

"what are you doing? you're staring at walls," zach said. he stood in front of miami holding a box of donuts. 

"the constellations," miami murmured as zach sat on the chair across from her, "they remind me of my grandma." zach started naming a couple constellations on the wall. miami was surprised, "who knew zach herron knows about stars," the two started to dig into their donuts. 

zach shrugged. "it was all google. i did some research after i found out you liked stars." 

miami choked on a piece of donut because she had started laughing. "look at you," she cooed. then started laughing again. zach's cheeks had turned bright red. he looked down and focused on his donut. "so," miami caught her breath and wiped her mouth with a napkin, "what happened to going to the gym?" she asked. 

"i'm not going today," zach bit into his second donut, "hurry up and eat." 

"are we going somewhere else later?" miami asked, "because i need time to eat these donuts." she bit into her donut again. 

"yes we are," zach announced, "now hurry up. we really need to get there or else we won't have the time. 

*:・゚✧🧸 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

i didn't update yesterday because of you
know what. um- but i got myself to finish this

chapter. i will try to get other chapters out
but i'm not sure if i will be in the mood to.