calaMity

Summary: Four years ago, Benedict Ryan is a failing radio host. Reeva promises to make him famous. In the present, she has him send Jace's Purifiers to attack the Morlocks in the sewers. Though the Morlocks kill a few Purifiers, Jace leads his team through, killing the Morlocks' fighters. Clarice asks for help evacuating the sewers. Lauren and Reed decide not to take the serum and face their powers. As the police close in on the evacuated Morlocks, Caitlin shoots her way through a police blockade to get away. Clarice has to stay behind in the sewers to get everyone out. While saving a mutant girl with Erg, Clarice is shot by Jace and her portal closes in front of John. Jace is shocked to find that they attacked children. When the Inner Circle discovers that Max is dead, Reeva locks down their headquarters to find the spy. Because Lorna was using Sage's password to spy on Max, Sage is blamed for his death. With Sage's brain immune to their telepathy, the Frosts are unable to determine her guilt or innocence, and Reeva - convinced Sage is the spy - kills her, devastating Lorna.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reeva Payge and Benedict Ryan have known each other for four years. Their "partnership" began when Reeva approached Ryan with a proposition. Ryan was a talk show host on the radio. His message was the same...anti-mutant...human have to rise against the mutants, you know, inciting fear. Ryan almost turned her down. Now they are manipulating the tension between mutant groups and the Purifiers.

Reeva continues with the next phase of her plan. She meets with Ryan at the Lincoln Memorial to give him a file. The file contains the identification of the Purifiers next target. Ryan is concerned that people will die. Reeva suggests he asks Jace Turner to lead the group. It's an essential part of their plan.

Reed gave Lauren his suppressing-mutant-power-serum to disconnect her from Andy and give her a chance to rest. She reacts violently to the serum, tossing and turning, fever, and speaking German. Caitlin is concerned and takes it out on Reed. He understands though and feels guilty for not telling Caitlin everything about the music box.

Lauren wakes up to a crying Caitlin. Caitlin wants to get rid of the music box, but Lauren says it makes her stronger. Reed concurs. He says the music box is powerful and pulls you in. This makes Caitlin feel guilty for pushing Lauren to be strong for Andy. She's afraid to give Lauren the serum, but if they don't, they could lose her to the Inner Circle.

Meanwhile, Marcos is recovering from his gunshot. He is concerned about Lorna because he hasn't heard from her. John assures him that Lorna will be okay. He compares his relationship with Clarice/Blink to Marcos and Lorna's. Both relationships are over, but the difference is, he thinks Lorna left for a better reason.

Lauren was supposed to join Andy and the Inner Circle, so Esme has to explain why they failed. However, Reeva has a more pressing matter to attend to. She informs her team that Max is missing. Lorna thinks he's sleeping off a bottle of whiskey, but Heather and Reeva are concerned that someone took him.

Lorna tries to call Marcos, but Reeva put the place on lock down. She does send out two-thirds of the Frost sisters out to investigate Max's disappearance. They discover that 1. Max is dead and 2. Sage logged into the security cameras to watch his comings and goings. Reeva disposes of Sage, making Lorna feel sad and guilty.

Reeva's next target is the Morlocks. Ryan gives the file to Jace, who is reluctant to go underground. This is the most dangerous mission yet. Ryan has to remind him who he's fighting for...his deceased daughter. Ryan says Jace will do what Sentinel Service can't. And one day, Jace will be in charge of Sentinal Services.

Jace and Officer Wilson tell the group about the dangerous mission. Jace admits that he's scared, but these Morlocks are monsters. And it's up to them to take care of them. Jace assigns a small group to go into the tunnels while everyone else blocks all of the exits. Wilson wants to go in the tunnels, but Jace is hesitant to let him. Wilson says he has to make up for messing up last time. Jace is convinced and hands Wilson a gun.

In the tunnels, Blink asks Erg to open up his doors to the mutants on the service. They are in danger of being attacked by Purifiers and it's up to the Morlocks to save them. Erg doesn't want to for fear of exposure and endangering the lives of his people. He says if she can come up with a plan that won't expose them, he'll listen and consider it.

There's no time to plan because someone has entered the Morlock tunnels. Erg and his people are able to see who it is and Blink immediately recognizes Jace. She tells them he's the leader of the Purifiers that tortured John. Erg instructs everyone to evacuate. Blink decides they need a little more help. She calls Marcos and informs him of her situation. He agrees to gather the MU and meet her in an empty alley.

Marcos tells Reed what's going on and they plan to leave. Caitlin offers to stay home with Lauren, but Lauren wants to leave. She says she can't let fear keep her from being who she is. They leave to meet Marcos and John. On the way, Reed tells Caitlin that he doesn't want to take the cure anymore. He spent his entire life fighting the X-gene. He has to embrace his powers because its a part of who he is. It's time to find out why he was given his powers and Caitlin agrees.

The purifiers walk in circles at first but eventually find the hologram-like wall that hides the way to the Morlock City. The Morlocks put booby traps in place to make people turn and run. Jace and his men consider turning around after two of their guys end up dead, but Jace doesn't want anyone to die in vain.

John and Marcos meet Blink with the first batch of people. The Morlocks who can fight stay behind to defend the city. John takes a moment to tell Blink that he still cares. He tells her she can call him anytime and he will help her. For now, they take the first group to a safe place until they can get them out of the city.

Erg's people move in on where they last saw the Purifiers by it looks like they left. The Purifiers booby-trapped the place, setting off gas bombs that will incapacitate anyone. The Purifiers easily take out Erg's recon team. Erg wants to send another team out, but Blink says it's too dangerous. They need to focus on getting everyone out before the Purifiers get there. Erg decides to seal the entrance to give them some time.

The Purifiers move closer and Blink is still moving people. They literally pack the Mutant Underground cars with as many people that will fit. John sends the MU away with the Morlocks and waits for Blink. The police catch up with Caitlin, Lauren, and their car full of Morlocks. Lauren still doesn't have her powers, so Caitlin has to drive through the cop cars. They get away, but the police are catching up.

The Purifiers arrive and blast open the entrance. Jace and his men open fire on the Morlocks. Erg stands up to them, taking in all of the power of the bullets and shooting it back at the Purifiers. Jace figures out what he's doing and tells his mean to avoid shooting Erg. They kill everyone but Erg.

Blink sees a little girl standing over a dead body. Erg grabs the kid and they head for Blink's portal. The Purifiers keep shooting. Blink opens the portal and Erg jumps through. John sees the light from the portal and runs to meet Blink. Jace shoots one last shot and hits Blink in the back. John watches her get shot and blood splatters on his face. The portal closes with Blink on the other side.