28: crystal snow.

"We met each other beyond all time. So now how do we do? Can we make it work? This fragile love."

0:00 |───────── 5:23

|◁              II             ▷|

"Rein... Rein!" She was shaken awake by Namjoon, who wore a grin on his face.

"Huh?" she said, looking around. "The movie... Did we finish the movie?" He shook his head.

"I turned it off once I realized you were asleep. You were leaning on my shoulder, so I looked over and you were sleeping so soundly... I thought the movie would disturb you." Rein felt her cheeks heating up already.

Shit.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to... Fuck," she said, not daring to look up at him.

"No need to apologize. You were quite cute, actually," he replied casually. Rein could feel her face reddening further.

"You're not helping!" she said, her eyes glazing over the clock on the wall. Then, she did a double-take; it was 4:13 PM.

He came over at 12:00 PM.

"Oh my god, how long did I sleep for?" she asked, her eyes widening. Namjoon shrugged.

"An hour or so?" Rein put her face in her hands.

"Oh, my god. And you let me sleep like that?" He smirked.

"I mean, I was trying to wake you up for about fifteen minutes now. You're a heavy sleeper."

Rein chose to ignore his comment.

"You should get going," she said, "rush-hour's gonna start any minute now." Namjoon nodded after some pause.

"Yeah, okay." She led him to the door, and he put on his scarf with a smile.

His gaze fell on Rein with a tenderness she never noticed until now. "I had a lot of fun."

"M-me too," she said, pausing at the door.

"So, I'll see you later?" he asked. She nodded, and they looked at each other, wondering what to say next.

Or do next.

Rein reached up and kissed Namjoon on the cheek, whispering a "thank you" in his ear before she pulled back. The shocked expression on his face made her regret her brash decision almost immediately. However, his shock soon turned into a grin.

"I should be the one to thank you," he murmured, placing a hand on her cheek, so softly that she wasn't sure if he was actually touching her.

But the skin that felt like live wires said otherwise.

He removed his hand and stepped out.

"Merry Christmas, Ms. Jones," he said, then left without another word, his silhouette blending into the background of the mundane hallway. She raised a hand to say good-bye and closed the door. She dreaded turning around to find herself alone again; the hotel room seemed too empty without him now.

"Merry Christmas," Rein said to herself. A smile dawned her features as her hand went to the pendant.

The bird seemed to glitter back in response.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The wind bit into Rein's skin as she stepped onto the dock. Though the sky was turning a murky blue, the water around the cruise ship shimmered, reflecting fluorescent light against its surface. She shivered, pulling the fabric of her mink jacket nearer.