15: am i wrong.

"Am I wrong, fallin' in love with you? Tell me, am I wrong?"

0:00 |───────── 3:33

|◁              II             ▷|

Rein opened the door, wearing the biggest smile she could manage.

"Hey, guys! It's a bit early to be coming in, isn't it?" she asked, holding her arm awkwardly. She could feel Namjoon's gaze burning into her skin.

"We came in early to work on the choreo," Hoseok said with a smirk. "Seems like you were taking a crack at it, too." All eyes were on her now, and she realized just how exposed she was.

Her heart was racing, and it wasn't because of the adrenaline.

"Improv is hard. You're pretty good," Namjoon said. He smelled like passion-fruit tea.

"Just pretty good?" she replied, teasing.

"Hey, I'm an honest guy," he said, raising a laugh from Rein. Hoseok put a hand on Namjoon's shoulder and grinned.

"I wouldn't take a compliment about dancing from him too seriously. He's the worst one out of all of us. Who you really should be listening to is me," he said with a chuckle. Namjoon shrugged his hand off and put his hands in his pockets, a shy smile lighting up his features.

She wouldn't have minded seeing that a little more.

"Well, we were just about to practice the choreography. If you practiced before, we could go over it together," Jimin said, gesturing to the group. Jungkook and Hoseok nodded.

"Yeah! Namjoon was gonna get some help from us. You should watch him fuck around for two hours. It'll be fun," Hoseok said.

No one seemed to be mortified to see her like this, so she came to the conclusion that it simply wasn't that big of a deal. Nothing had changed from the last time she saw them, all except for the thumping in her heart that would not go away, no matter how much she wished it to.

And when Kim Namjoon looked down to meet her eyes for a brief moment, she thought her chest would explode.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Um, I should probably go and work on... um..." She tripped over her feet and made a hasty recovery by leaning against the door, but the door gave in and opened wider, making her trip again. She stood up to see the boys' faces marred with worry, Jungkook's looking closer to horror.

"Hey, you okay?" Namjoon asked, steadying her with a hand. She brushed him off.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired, I think. You guys practice. I'm gonna go ahead and, uh, head out," she said, giving them an awkward wave.

Rein reevaluated her own behavior as she turned. Even as she walked away, she could feel their eyes boring into the back of her head. She knew she was acting suspiciously, but she couldn't stop. She had found out something about herself, something she wanted to keep buried. It was wrong, simple as that. It was wrong to be attracted to her co-worker.

How did she not see it before? How had she suppressed her feelings so much that she didn't even fully realize that attraction until now? The signs were all there; wanting to get close to him, how her heartbeats quickened when he touched her.

How she let go of her breath when those hands were no longer on her body, even for only a fleeting moment.

There's no possible way. I can't. I won't.