19: lost.

"This is too hard. Is this path right for me? I am confused, never leave me alone. I still believe even though it's unbelievable, to lose your path, is the way to find that path."

0:00 |───────── 4:02

|◁              II             ▷|

Ms. Cho was waiting right by the door when Rein rushed into the hotel lobby. Dread struck her heart and wedged itself inside when she saw at the way her manager was looking at her, the very depths of hell in her eyes.

Rein had half a mind to turn around and get right back in the car, but she stood her ground.

"I'm not going to ask what happened," Ms. Cho said upon walking up to her, "but from now on, I'll be keeping a better eye on you. I'm just glad Manager Sejin told me the situation."

When Rein didn't reply, she continued with a tsk. "Do you know how inappropriate it was for you to overstay your welcome like that? How embarrassing."

"With all due respect, Namjoon is the one that told me to stay. I wasn't in any condition to refuse his offer. I'm certain that, if anything, he was the one who behaved inappropriately in that scenario," Rein snapped back, trying not to let the guilt creep into her voice. She wondered if her manager could smell the faint scent of alcohol on her still.

Ms. Cho sighed and said, "Okay, okay. Just let me sort things out for a while." Rein nodded.

"I won't do anything like that again." and she meant it.

"You better not. Now, go up to your room and rest up. You have some long days ahead of you."

"Yeah, I was actually wondering about that. I thought we were still working on lyrics and stuff... Are we shooting the video now?" Ms. Cho shook her head.

"Not now, just very soon. Bighit wants to record almost everything before moving to the music video to get things in order. Since you have the rest of the day today, I want you to write a few drafts for songs and send it to me," she said. The authority in her tone made Rein think twice before arguing with her.

Does she know how unproductive a hung-over mind is...?

"Sounds... Great," she said. They parted ways, Rein taking the elevator and Ms. Cho leaving the hotel with her briefcase. When she got to her room, she set to work immediately, pumping out two songs to propound.

DREAM (Jungkook)

We wake up just to fall back asleep
Waiting for a dream come true
And I'm wondering
How everything changes while
We stay the same
And I'm wondering
How everything changes while
We stay the same

I want to wake up because my soul
is lost and it needs to be free
I don't think I can give you what you want
My tears tell me i need to be free

So if I run away with you
(Run away with you)
Will you make it better?
And if I get lost without you
(Lost without you)
Will you find me again?

I can't change what happens to us
I ask if you believe in fate
But your answer came
Oh, your answer came too late
I still wait for you, my dream come true

Oh, I just wanna know
If I run away with you
(Run away with you)
Will you make it better?
And if I get lost without you
(Lost without you)
Will you find me again?

If I lose my road
If I can't find my way back
To your heart
It's time for a fresh start
I wanna say goodbye

(Am I gonna wait forever?)
Am I gonna wait forever?
Am I gonna have to wait forever?
Will I wait forever on you?
If I run far away with you...
Far away...

So I wanna know
If I run away with you
Will you make it better?
And if I get lost without you
(Lost without you) I
Will you find me again?

    She wrote another ballad and decided Jimin's voice would suit it the best. Since Jimin's diction needed a little improving, she decided to put a little more Korean in it.

THIEF

you still sleep with your
night light on.
it's ok. I won't tell a soul.
you're so scared to let
the monsters creep.
everyone has their demons, you know?
there are a thousand things you won't tell me
but we're close enough to know
there are a thousand things you can't tell me
but we're close enough to show

wear your heart on your sleeve
thief of my heart, don't go too far
whisper in my ear the things you won't say
you are my other half, you are.

you've come from nightlights
to midnight cigarettes
you let life get to your head
Grey smoke covered your
eyes, those lovely brown sets
i think I remember
things differently than I used to

you're not the same person I knew so long ago
The girl who looked me in the eyes
When she told me she loved me
The girl who told me it was destiny

it was in the cards you and me
baby just take my hand and you'll see
it's all a dream, it's all just a dream

I don't want to let you go, not again
It's your turn to hold me tight
I can feel your warmth around me, and then
You left me without a goodbye

wear your heart on your sleeve
thief of my heart, don't go too far
whisper in my ear the things you won't say
you are my other half, you are.

After sending the sheet to Ms. Cho, she brought out the Korean textbooks from under her bed, now dusty from a lack of use. She thumbed through them, brushing up on vocabulary and her pronunciation.

Back when she was first learning, she didn't think constant practice to be a requirement, but as she found it more and more embarrassing to stumble over her words around other Koreans, she knew the constant practice to be a necessity. Besides, it gave her something to do other than lament about her mental state of mind, mom, or home.

She wanted to overwork herself sometimes, just to get herself to think about anything else. Rein found her coping mechanism useful, so she never bothered to change it.

For a split second, she pondered calling her mom, wondering if the things she did to distract herself was to really distract herself from that inevitable phone call.

The last conversation she had with her before she left for Seoul still haunted her mind. Her mom never wanted her to leave, never even wanted her to leave Austin for LA. She wanted Rein to be homebound if anything, but she couldn't be confined, and that was what drove them apart.

That was why she couldn't call her mom for the life of her.

Rein looked out the window of her hotel room in what seemed like an eternity. Leaves had fallen off of branches already, carried away by the autumn chill. Not a single cloud tinted the sapphire skies above; it was the clearest day she had seen in Seoul.

She thought about the beauty in what she often took for granted, how she trained her eyes to glaze over nature for so long. All she saw were the concrete jungles, the skylines that blended together into one monstrous thing. It had been so long since she noticed something so extraordinarily unextraordinary.

But it wasn't just the nature, the surroundings. It was the people. The people were all the same after a while, weren't they? No matter how unique, how good they were, the integral part of them was same old, same old.

It bored her. 

But he didn't bore her. God, he was what kept her sane in this fucking place.

He was saving her, whether he knew it or not.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100 %

A/N: Sorry if this chapter was a little boring! It was mostly to showcase the songs lol... Tell me what you thought!