XIV

*Tobias's POV*

I walk alone to the Biology class. I kinda feel hurt. I never felt that after my mother's death. Everything after that just seemed to not hurt anymore. It didn't matter anymore. I get into my desk. I don't really know why I am feeling hurt. I mean Ruby was never mine. Not my girlfriend. She was just my friend. A friend that I am in love with. She enters the class. I grab the notebook and bury my face in it so I don't have to talk to her. "Hey you. What the hell is wrong?" She asks. Her voice seems mad. I just ignore her. She snatches the notebook from my hands in frustration. "Hey." I say as I reach to the notebook. She puts it away. "Why are you ignoring me?" She asks angrily. "Good morning Class." Miss Candor's voice makes her put the notebook back on my desk and turn to the front. As always I don't concentrate.

I walk out of the class as fast as I can avoiding any conversation between us. I just place my books at my locker. I grab the stuff of the next class. I look at the schedule to check my for class. The photo of my mother grab my attention. I really love this photo. Our last photo. Before....she died. I feel my eyes water. I grab my stuff and shut the locker. I walk to class as I bury away the tears. I enter the French class. My eyes land on Albert Roberts. The guy who she was standing with. I think of punching him. Taking out all of my anger and pain on him. But, I don't. I just sit at the back. He seems concentrated in something. The whole school knows he can draw and he wants to become an artist. I just sleep on my desk for the rest of the class stop my thoughts from taking over.

I wake up to the bell. I get my stuff and head outside. I just take the books with me to the parking lot where I was heading. I throw the books at the back. I open the door and sit. I open the drawer in the car's counter. I think about mom. I had a dream about her. I dreamed that she was alive and that I went back home and she was there. She was standing in the kitchen and cooking dinner. My eyes start to water. I give in. I let them fall on my cheeks helplessly . I really don't feel okay. And now the only girl I ever fell in love with doesn't like me back. She doesn't even consider me. At all. "Hey." I hear her voice. It is so soft and sweet. Her voice is one of the things that made me fall in love with her. It reminds me of my mother. I look at her. She looks sad and worried. She open the car's door from the passenger's place. She gets into the car. "Are you okay, Tobias-oh sorry. I didn't me-" "No it is okay. You can call me Tobias." I say. She is the first ever that I asked to call me by my name. My really name. The name my mother used to call me by. "Are you okay? Did something happen?" She asks softly. She takes my hands into hers. They are cold. She holds them softly. I just look away from her. I am ashamed that she had to see me like this. I feel her cold softly hand on my face. She turns my face to look at her. She is sitting with both her knees on the seat. "Did I do something wrong?" She ask softly. I shake my head. I am not crying because she was happier when she talked with Albert. I am crying because I miss my mother. I want her back. I wanna hug her. I wanna talk to her and tell her about Ruby. "Then, what is wrong?" She asks. Still her voice is so soft and sweet. "It is...it..is..." my voice breaks as I talk. Her hand leaves my face. She squeezes my shoulders. "It is okay." She says. "It is my mother." I cry. "I miss her so much, Ruby. Why did she have to go? Why did she leave me so early? I wouldn't have been this bad if she was here. I promise you I am a better person. I just lost my way while she isn't here anymore. You don't know how much I miss her, Ruby." I cry as she pulls me in a tight hug. I cry into her shoulder. I squeeze her tightly. Her hug is so soft and warm. Her hand is in my hair. "It is okay, Tobias. It will be okay. I promise." She whispers. After like 10 minuets, we pull back from the hug. She wipes away my tears with her soft fingertips. She kisses my forehead softly. "Better?" She asks with a smile. I nod at her as I smile. "We need to head inside. I just hope Ash didn't eat my lunch so we can share it. That guy eats a lot." She says. I laugh. She always knows how to make me laugh. That is something I like about her, too. She laughs off with me.

"Where were you guys?" Ash mouths us as we sit down. We actually missed a class. And we are late for this one. "Eating." Ruby mouths him back. This is geography class the only class the three of us share. I keep on staring at Ruby the whole class. What just happened was amazing. She actually hugged me. And she kissed my forehead. She is giving me more reasons to love her. More stuff fo love about her. I can't take it anymore. She is indeed driving me crazy.