LVII

*Ruby's POV*

I wake up on his rising chest. His breathing rhythm sounds so soothing. I think hardly as I watch him sleeping. Is this right? Was it a bad idea to sleep with him? He told me he's leaving. This really breaks my heart. I need him now more than ever. I feel lost. I really love him. He also loves me. He told me so. Then why is he leaving? I get up and into the bathroom. I take a quick shower. I leave the bathroom. I start to wear the same clothes I got here with. He starts to wake up. "Hey." He says in a sleepy voice as he rubs the sleep from his eyes. He sits up straight on the bed with his legs on the ground. "You're leaving already?" He asks as he looks up at me. "You should get ready to leave as well. It is almost night already." I say as I grab my phone and slide it into my back pocket. I turn to leave. I feel his fingers as they kick in through mine to hold me back. "I am sorry. I really don't want to hurt you, Ruby." He says as he stands up and faces me. "I just feel like I already hurt you enough." He says again. "I want you to stay." I say. "It will make me feel better. It won't hurt me." "I will. I always hurt people, Ruby. I hurt you. Your mother who now lost a child along with your father. You lost your brother for god's sake." He says. "It wasn't your fault." I say. "It was. I am stupid for thinking I can be with you. I am stupid for letting you drive me that day. I am stupid for falling in love with you Ruby." He says. You can see tears as they fill up his eyes making them glossy. "I will always love you even though all of this." He says with a deep sight. He lets go off my hand. "You're a jerk for sleeping with me now!" I start at him. I push him as I leave the room with eyes flooding with tears.

This is not fair. For neither of us. I hate that he has to leave. I hate that I left him without a proper goodbye. I am laying in bed. I am staring at the celling. He might be on his way to Miami right now. I sight as I close my eyes as a tear escapes to slide down my cheek.