XIX

*Ruby's POV*

I kept on ignoring Tobias till Lunch. I am mad at him. I mean. I don't like him. Or do I? Fuck this. "Ruby?" Albert grabs my attention. "Yeah." I say. "So when are you two going to date?" Ash says as he takes a sip from his cola. "Stop it Ash! We are friends." I say as my eyes catch Tobias. He is walking towards a table. I watch him until he stops at a table. A table that has Louisa sitting with Shane Brooks. He talks to them. I roll my eyes and look at Albert. He is smiling at me. I smile back. "You know that you're eyes color is beautiful. I love them." He says with a cheesy smile. "Stop." I say as I try to hold back my blush. "What? I am not flirting, don't worry." He says still smiling. "Yeah." I say as we hear shouting. I look at the sound place. It is Tobias. I watch Brooks hit him. I stand up. I start walk to them. I push my way throw crowds of people watching him getting beaten up. I see him laying on the floor. His face is full of blood. His blood. Brooks is going to kick him. I run to stand in front of him. "Dare do it, Brooks. And I will make a joke out of you." I whisper to his face. He stars at my face with heavy breaths. "Whatever!" He shouts as he turns to walk away. People start to leave the place since the bell rang. I turn to Tobias. I sit next to his laying and bleeding body. "Hey, Tobias? Are you there?" I ask as I take his bloody face between my hands. I am shaking. Please be okay. Albert and Ash come running. My eyes are full of tears. They start to fall on my cheeks as they have flooded my eyes. "We have to take him to the hospital." I say as my voice break. "Okay, Help me we will take him to the car. Ash go tell the principal we will leave." Albert says as he bends down and takes Tobias arm around his shoulders. I get up and take the other arm around my shoulders. Ash is already running to the principal's office. We walk as fast as we could to Tobias's mustang. We make him lay in the back seat. I search his pockets for the keys. I grab them. "You will be okay, I promise." I whisper in his ears hoping he heard me. I get into the car. Ash arrives and sits with Tobias in the back seat. Albert sits in the passenger's seat. I turn on the engine and rush with the car to the hospital.

As we arrive we take him inside. The nurses take him into a room and order us to stay outside. I am so nervous. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I want him to be okay. For all my heart. My eyes are giving out tears that are running on my cheeks like a waterfall. "Hey, he will be okay." Ash says as he hugs me tightly. I cry into his shoulder. "I hope, Ash. I really do."

The doctor comes out of the room after hours of waiting. I run up to him as he takes off his bloody gloves. "How is he, doc?" I ask with heavy breaths. "He is okay. Some broken rips and a broken nose but he will be okay." He says with a smile. I sight in a relive. "Can we see him?" Ash comes from behind me saying. "Oh yeah. He is awake already." The doctor says smiling and then walks away. "I will wait here. You guys go inside." Albert says smiling. I nod to him with a smile. We enter the room with knock. He is laying there in the hospital bed. His face is full of bruises. It is swollen. He has bandages around his rips. He looks up at me. "I thought you died mate!" Ash bursts saying. Tobias give out a weak laugh. I smile. His eyes are locked on me. "I will go get something to eat." Ash says as he walks out of the room leaving me alone with Tobias. I walk slowly to the side of his bed. I sit at the side of his bed. "What happened?" He asks. "I saved you again." I say with a laugh. "Oh god, I own you a lot now." He says with a laugh. I laugh again. "I thought we weren't talking. That I was a bad partner?" He says seriously. My smile fades. I still can't forget what Louisa told me yesterday. About him trying to kiss her. "I swear to you, Ruby. I don't like your sister. She is the one who took me to her room and tried to kiss me." He says with a begging voice. "But.." I say in a low voice. "Ruby, I swear on my life." He says as he holds my hand between his. I look at out tangled hands. "Ruby, I really" His voice was cut by the door's opening sound. I look at the door and Albert is standing there. My hands leave Tobias's as I get up to walk to Albert. I take his hand and walk him closer to Tobias's bed. "He helped you know." I say as I feel Albert's hand holding on mine. I catch Tobias looking at our tangled hands. "I am glad you're okay, Woods." Albert says. Tobias's face expressions are telling me that he doesn't like what he's seeing. "Thanks. I am kinda tired. I will see you tomorrow." He says as he looks away from us. "Okay." Albert say as he pulls me with him out of the room. "Ruby." I hear Tobias's voice calling me. I turn to him. "Anne wants you in her birthday party tomorrow." He says with out looking at me. "Okay." I say. I don't like it when Tobias acts cold with me when Albert is around. I leave the keys of Tobias's car at the reception. We take the bus back to the school. The school day was already over. I go into the school and take my bag and homework stuff. I walk outside. "Ruby." I hear Albert's voice calling me. I turn to him. "Yeah." I say. "I was wondering if you wanna go out with me? Dinner or something?" He says as his face starts to heat up. "Are you asking me on a date, Albert Roberts?" I ask him with a smile. "Yeah." He says as he scratches the back of his neck with red cheeks. "Well, when?" I ask him. "Is Saturday, okay?" He asks as his face lighten up. "Okay." I say smiling. "Okay, I will pick you up at 8:00, is that okay?" He asks. "Yeah. Here is my number and address. I will see you Saturday." I say smiling as I give him a paper with my number and address. "Okay." He says as I walk away to Mom's car. I get in. "Who was that, Ruby?" Mom asks as she drives home. "He is a good friend, Mom." I say as I smile to myself.

I go home and get to Peter's room. "Hey, pan." I say as I get into his room. He is coloring a drawing. "Ruby!" He says a she hugs me tightly. I hug him back. "Wanna go to a birthday party tomorrow?" I ask him smiling. "Who has a birthday party tomorrow?" He asks me . "Her name is Anne. She is Woods's sister's daughter. Woods is her uncle." I say. "Wow! Okay!" He says smiling excited. I turn to walk to my room. "Ruby?" He calls me . "Yes." I say as I turn back to him. "Why didn't Woods come with you today?" He asks. I think of what happened today again. "He is just too tired to come. But, you will see him tomorrow." I say as I plant a kiss on Peter's cheeks. He smiles at me and goes back to coloring. I walk to my room wondering about a lot of things.