XXXII

*Tobias's POV*

I walk away from her. I really don't like what I just said. But, Ruby wasn't really my friend. She was and still that only girl that I ever fell in love with. Louisa kisses me. I kiss her back not willing to actually do it. I take a last look at Ruby as we pull back from the kiss. She just turns and runs upstairs. I just walk outside. I walk to my car. Tessa comes to me. I notice that her car is not parked. "Where is your car?" I ask. "I walked here." She says. No, no. We will have that damn talk now. Why did she have to walk here? She gets into the passenger's seat. Anne gets in the back. I sight and get into the car. I drive away. "Louisa, huh?" She says. I focus on the road. "I know you can hear me." She says. "Yeah." I say. "Ruby's sister. Are you actually serious about this? This is the first relationship you have ever been in. And I don't think you like her, do you?" She says. She's right. I don't usually date. I never actually got serious with anyone. I can even reject them. And she is also right that I don't like her. I like her sister. But, her sister doesn't like me back. Pity. "I do like her." I lie. "I know you too damn well to believe that stupid lie. I am your sister." She says. I sight. "I am okay, Tess. I promise." I lie again. I am not okay. I haven't been okay since me and Ruby stopped hanging out. I miss her. Like crazy. I park the car. Anne is asleep. I pick her up. I walk into the house. I place her into her bed. She is sleeping next to her mother in her old room. I pull the covers on top of her. I plant a kiss on her forehead. I turn off the lights and head outside. I walk to my room. I shut the door behind me. I lay in bed. I pull my phone out of my pocket. I open it. I look at my wallpaper. It is a photo of Louisa. She placed it herself. I open my photos. I search for that picture that Tess sent me. I sight as I look at her. She is so damn beautiful. I sight again. I place the phone on my nightstand. I stare at the ceiling. I really do miss her. I miss everything about her. I wish I could just hug her, talk to her or even kiss her. I close my eyes, hoping I don't dream of her as she is taking all of my thoughts.

I wake up with a lot of effort. I go into the shower. I grab a towel and head into the room. I pull on my jeans. I put on a grey hoodie. I brush my hair. I put on my black Adidas shoes. I walk downstairs. I just throw a goodbye and head outside. I drive my mustang all the way to America for there house. I wait for them outside . Louisa as always comes out first. She gets into the car. She kisses me. I kiss her with my eyes waiting for Ruby to come out. She walks out. She just looks at us in disgust. She walks to the street. Wait what? We pull back from the kiss. She can't walk to school today as well. "Hey?" I call at her. She ignores me as she walks away. "Let it go, baby." Louisa says. I sight. I drive to school.

I park my car. Louisa gets out. Her bestie takes her hand. "See you, baby." She says as she waves at me. I roll my eyes. I search for Ruby. My eyes land on her as she walks into the parking lot. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail. She looks beautiful as always. I walk to her. I can't stop myself. "Hey." I say. She is checking her phone. She looks up at me. "Hi." She says. "Yeah, we have to work on our project through the winter break and there is a presentation as well. I wrote some of it." She says. "Oh, okay." I say. She turns to walk away. I grab her arm. "Ruby?" I call her. She looks back at me. "Why didn't you get in the car?" I ask. "I wasn't in the mood for seeing my sister make out with the same guy I kissed before." She says as she pulls her arm away from my hold. She walks away from me. Well, she is the better kisser tho. I walk into the school. I stand at my locker. I lean on it. I watch people as they walk through the hall. Shane walks to me. We are facing each other. "Thought I forgot about you stealing my girl?" He says. His breath smells like garlic. Damn. Who the hell eats garlic in the morning. "I didn't steal anything. She said it herself. You were just a friend, Brooks." I say with a smirk. "You asshole." He says as he gives me a punch. I get thrown to the other side. I feel blood with my hands. It is dripping from my nose. He is walking my way to punch me again. A small figure stands in his way. Clark. God I love this girl. She opens her locker. She steps a little to the back. She looks at me and then at Shane. "I think you've got the wrong locker, Shane." She says. She is sassy as fuck. He walks closer to her which makes me step to them. "I am sure garlic wasn't how you planned to start your day?" She says as her arms fold in front of her chest. The guys behind him laugh. He stares at her. "I think you might need this." She says as she hands him a gum. He walks away. Her name is being shouted by everyone. I join in with them. She turns and bumps into me. "Watch it." I say. She smiles. We just stand there between the crowds that are screaming her name.