XXVIII

*Tobias's POV*

I check my phone. The sky is getting darker now. I press calls. I search for Ash's name through my contacts. I press his name. I place the phone on my ear. "Hey." I hear his voice from the other line. "Hey, Can we meet? I need to talk." I say. "Okay. You okay, tho?" He asks sounding worried. "I will tell you when we meet." I say. We hang up as I told him that we will meet at the cafeteria that is next the school. I drive to find him already there. "Hey, Bro." He says as we shake hands. We walk into the cafeteria. We slide into a booth. "What's up, Woods? Where were you?" He asks. "I didn't want to take any classes today." I say. He looks at me in suspicion. "Is it Ruby?" He asks. I look up at him at the sign of her name. "Yeah." I say. I sight as I start telling him what happened yesterday and today.

"Wow, that's actually a lot to progress." Ash says as he leans back into his place. "I know." I say with a sight. "Well, I guess she can actually date you now. I mean it looks like she doesn't care about the broken vow anymore." He says. "What broken vow?" I say. I know that Ruby has a vow. Yes, shit. Her vow. Does that mean I made her break it? Is that why she doesn't like me back? "What? I didn't say that." Ash says nervously. "Montoro, tell what the hell are you talkinh about." I say. He sights. "Well, you know about her vow. The one that involved no guys or dates?" He asks. I nod. "Her friend that was supposed to be following the vow also. She broke it. It has been almost a week. Ruby told me not to tell you." He says. Wait the vow is already broken. Thanks god. But, why? Why would she not want to tell me this? "Why?" I ask him. "She is scared that you might want to date her." He says. She is scared? Of me? "I am so sorry, Woods. She made me promise. Now I broke it. Fuck." He says. I wasn't actually listening to him. I was thinking about her. Why is she scared of me? What did I do? "I want to make her feel jealous. I want to stop thinking about her." I say. "What? Are you serious?" He asks. "I am dead serious, Montoro." I say. Yeah that's what I want. I have to find a girl that makes her super jealous. A girl that gets on her nerves when she flirts with me. A girl that would die to have me. There is only one girl that can do this. Louisa. "I will date Louisa." I say. Ash looks at me in complete shock. "Date who?" He bursts out saying. "I am serious, Ash. I will go right now and ask her to be my girlfriend." I say. "But, she's with Shane." He says. Brooks? Whatever, she will leave him and come to me as soon as I ask her. "She will leave him for me. You'll see." I say as I stand up. I walk out of the cafeteria. I walk to my car. "Woods, think this through, please. Think about Ruby. This will hurt her." He says. I look back at him. "Why didn't she think about me when she was with Albert in that closet? I got hurt because of her, Ash. It is her turn to get a taste of her own medicine." I say and then turn and get into my car. I drive away. To there house. The Clark's family house.

I arrive at there house. I thought about what I am going to say on my way here. I get out of my car. I grab the flowers that I bought on my way here. I walk to the door. I knock softly. I take a deep breath. The door opens revealing little Peter's face. "Hey, Woods." He says as we hug. I pull back to meet the family. "Hello, Miss Clark." I say as we shake hands. "Hello, dear. I will call Ruby for ya." She says. "Miss?" I say as she already calls her. "Yes, dear?" She says. "I am actually here for Louisa." I say. "Oh okay, I will go get her." She says as she goes upstairs. Peter goes into the kitchen to leave me alone in there living room. Her little figure bumps into me while she rubs her eyes. She looks up at me. She looks tired. She places her arms around me hugging me. I just don't want to get too friendly. I remove her arms and walk into the kitchen. Peter is watching his father cook. "Hello, Mr Clark." I say. He looks at me with a smile. "Hey, there Woods. Beautiful flowers you got there." He says as he points to the flowers in my hand. "What do you want?" I hear Louisa's voice. I turn to look at her. He hair is lose. She is wearing an oversized pink hoodie. Her legs are both bare. "Can we talk?" I ask her. My eyes catch Ruby, who is standing by the door with her hands crossed in front of her chest. "Whatever you wanna say, say it here." She says. I sight. I take a last look at Ruby. "Louisa Clark, will you be my girlfriend?" I ask her as I offer her the flowers. She looks at me in surprise. The whole family actually. "Wait, she has a boyfriend." Ruby says. I look at her. "Shane, he's just a friend." Louisa says as she takes a step close to me. "This is so sweet, Woods." Miss Clarks says. "So, is that a yes?" I ask. "Of course." She says as we hug. My eyes are fixed on Ruby. Who is looking at us with all the shock in the world. "Let me walk you outside." Louisa says as she takes my hand. "Good night, sir. Good night, ma'am." I say. They both nod at me. I walk outside to my car, hand in hand with Louisa. "I am glad you ask me already." She says as she leans in for a kiss. I catch Ruby standing at the door watching us. I grab Louisa's waist and kiss her. We pull back. She hugs me. "I love you." She says. I look at Ruby. "I love you, too." I lie as we pull back from the hug. "I will see you in the morning." I say as I get into my car. "Drive safe." She says. She reminds me of Ruby. Get her out of your damn head, Tobias! I watch her wave at me. I wave back while looking at Ruby. I drive home, still doubting what I just did.