LIII

*Ruby's POV*

I hear the bullet. It is so loud. Louder than I thought. I don't really like it's sound. "Ruby?" I hear little Peter's voice. I look at him. His t-shirt is filling up with blood. "Oh god." I run to his direction. I fall to my knees at his feet. He falls down due to loss of blood. "Ruby..Am I going to die?" He asks as tears fill up his eyes. He's laying there between my arms. "No no, peter pan. You won't." I cry as I try to put pressure on the wound. I feel his warm blood push against my hand. My ears are ringing. My sight is blurry. No. No. I can't lose Peter. He can't die. He won't die. "Stay with me, stay with me , bud." I cry as I keep pressure on his stomach. He starts to stop breathing. "No, Peter. Peter." I say as I hold his face between my bloody hands. His beautiful skin is stained with blood now. He's all still now. His eyes are fixed open. "Peter, get up. Come on, bud. We will paint together. Come on. Please." I cry as I shake him hoping he's playing around. "Miss?" I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see a police officer. I look around me. The house is filled up with police. Tobias and his father are gone. "Come with me." He says as he tries to get me up with him. "No, not without Peter. He will get up. You will see. He's only playing." I cry as I smile at Peter. "Miss, he's gone. I am sorry." He says as he squats down me. "No, you're lying." I say as I push him away. I place my head on his chest. There is no beat. "Peter!" I sob hard. I don't care about the pain that fills up my throat as I sob his name harder each time. The last thing I saw was his blood.

I wake up in an ambulance car. "You're okay, Miss." A nurse says as she leaves the car. The pain in my throat is unbearable. My eyes hurt as well. "Ruby!" Mom gets into the car. She places her arms around me. "Thanks god, you're okay." She says as she tightens her hug. I can barely remember anything. My head hurts as well. "What happened, mom?" I ask her as she holds my face between her hands. Her eyes look swollen. It looks like she's been crying like crazy. "Nothing, dear." She says as she leaves the car. I try hard to remember. I pull the blanket around me. I walk out of the car. I look at my hands. There is blood on them. What the hell? Our house is full of police and doctors. Louisa is crying into Shane's shoulder. What happened? Did I hurt anyone? I walk up to an officer. "Sir, excuse me?" I say as poke his shoulder. "Hey, Miss Clark. Are you feeling better now?" He asks. "What happened? Did I do something?" I ask. "Oh no, We will just need to investigate with you. You were a witness." He says. A witness? Investigate? "A witness of what? I can't remember anything. The last thing I remember is I was painting with my little brother, Peter." I say. He sights. "I think you're parents should be the ones to tell you." He says as he pats my shoulder. I don't understand. What happened. I can see all of us. Where is Peter? Why isn't he here? I walk up to Mom. She is standing with dad. She's crying. I stop by them. There's a body on the ground. It's covered up. The police officer removes the cover to reveal my little brother's face. All stained with blood. Eyes closed. I gasp for air. Did I kill Peter? My own brother? "Did I kill him?" I ask while my eyes widen. "What? No, dear. You didn't." She says as she realizes I am there. She pulls me into a hug. Dad joins in as well. I lost Peter. He's gone forever.

I am sitting in bed. I just had a shower. Ash is here. He offered to brush my hair. I feel the brush as it makes its way through my hair. He braids it into two french beautiful braids. I wear a black t-shirt along with my jeans. I have to go to the police station today. So they can investigate with me. "Let's go." Ash says as we walk together downstairs. It is been one day since Peter's death. The funeral is tomorrow. The house isn't the same again. We decided to take the money in the swearing jar he made, to buy him a beautiful suit. We definitely swear a lot. I smile at the thought. Ash drives us to the station. We walk together into the station. A police officer with black hair walks us to where we should wait. She tells us to wait for my name to be called. "Everything will be okay, Ruby." He says as he holds my hand. I remember saying this to Tobias on that night. Tobias was there. "Hey." Elite says as she walks up to us. She's wearing jeans shorts along with a flowery crop top. Her hair is still short and brushed beautifully. "Hey." I say as I stand up to shake her hands. "I am so sorry for your loss, Ruby." She says as we shake hands. I nod to her with a smile. We sit back in our places. She walks away and stops by a police officer. His hair is brown like hers. Elite resembles her father. A lot. "Ruby Clark." I hear my name as the officer calls me. "Good luck." Ash says as he pats my shoulder. I walk behind her into a room.

I am sitting in front of Elite's father. He offers me a cup of coffee. "So, Miss Clark. Shall we begin?" He asks. I nod. "First thing, do you know Tobias Woods? Is there any relationship between you two?" He asks. Yes, Tobias is my boyfriend or was. I remember he told me that we can't be together. I also remember that he came by my house. He apologized. As I remember. "Yes." I say. I better not lie. Whoever killed Peter deserves the same fate. "What is he to you?" He asks. "He's my boyfriend, sir." I say. "Okay, have you ever met his father?" He asks. I sight. "Yes." I say. "Okay, did you know he is a drug dealer?" He asks. I nod. I know. But, Tobias refused that I go tell the police. A memory flashes to my head. Tobias is holding a gun to his father. He's shouting at him. He's blaming him for his mother's death. He's...saying he killed her. "Miss, Clark. Are you okay?" Officer Benne as his badge says asks me. "Yes, yes." I say. "Who killed your brother, Ruby?" He asks. I can't remember. I don't know. Tobias can't do it. He loved Peter. Peter loved him. They were friends. Good friends. "Miss Clark, you were the only one there, who killed Peter?" He asks again. I shut my eyes to try to remember anything. Another memory flashes, the gun is on the ground. Tobias is holding his nose in pain. His father is running to the gun. Tobias is trying to get there first. His father picks up the gun first. The bullet flies. It hits my brother's body. "His father! He did it!" I say as I stand up. "You saw it, then?" He asks. "Yes, the gun was with him. He shot my brother." I say. "Thank you, Miss Clark." He says. I walk out of the room. I hope they give him what he deserves. He killed my little brother.