XXII

*Tobias's POV*

I wake up full of happiness. She actually kissed me on the cheeks. I take a quick shower and get out to grab something to wear. I wear a black hoodie along with my jeans. I go downstairs. "Good morning." I say as I get into the kitchen. "Hey." Tessa says as she places a plate full of pancakes in front of Anne. "Smells good." I say as I sit down. She smiles as she places a plate in front of me. I start to eat up. "We are going out!" We both hear dad shout from the door. I roll my eyes as I take another bite of the pancakes. As I finish my plate I stand up to go out. "Where to?" Tessa asks. "A friend's house." I say as she winks at me. I roll my eyes trying to hide my blush. I walk out to my mustang. I drive it to Ash's house.

I arrive at his house. I park and get out of the car. I knock on his door softly. A middle aged women with kinda dark skin and light brown hair opens up. "Hello, Is Ash here?" I ask. "Who are you?" She asks in confusion. "I am Tobias Woods. Nice to meet you Miss Montoro." I say as I offer my hand. She shakes my hand. "Come in." She says smiling. "Ash, dear. A friend is here for you!" She shout from under the stairs. "Let him upstairs, Mom!" We both her Ash's voice from upstairs. She nods to me. I take the stairs up to his room. I knock. "Get in." He says. I get in. His room is kinda girly. Too girly than I expected. He has pink bed sheets and teddy bear all around. He is laying on his bed staring at his phone. He looks at me. "Oh,hey Woods. Welcome to my humble home." He says as he sits on the bed. "Something happened." I say with a smile. A smirk is drawn on Ash's face. "What is it?" He asks as he claps in excitement. "There is something I need to ask first." I say. "Yeah?" He says. "Where is Ruby?" I ask as my face lighten up. "She didn't tell you?" Ash says as his tone changes. "Tell me what?" I ask as my face start to darken once more. "Well, Roberts kinda asked her out." Ash says which makes my blood pressure higher up. "He what?!" I say in a very angry voice. I turn and walk out of the room. "Woods! Come back!" Ash's voice comes behind me as I walk to my car. I turn on my engine and drive fast to her house as I leave Ash standing in his pink robes in front of his house.

I stop the car in front of her house. I walk to her door. I knock while being full of anger. As the door opens, her freckled beautiful face. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail. She is wearing a pink hoodie with black jeans. "Tobias?" She says shocked. "Why?" I ask her angrily. I am full of anger. She just almost let me kiss her yesterday and she kissed my cheek last night. And now she is going on a date with Mr. Perfect. "Why what?" She asks innocently. "Oh don't play dumb! Yesterday we almost kissed and now you're going out with fucking Roberts! What the hell is wrong with you?" I yell at her. "Don't yell at me!" She yells back at me. "I yell as much as I want. Why are you doing this? What do you feel now? Love? Hate? Happiness? Sadness?" I yell even harder. "Stop fucking yelling at me, Woods!" She yells at me. "I will tell you! All you felt was love form your parents. You have both! From your friends and siblings! You feel happiness because you have a family! A house! A fucking mother! My mother is dead, Ruby! She is gone! I told you that! I never told this to anyone! Why are you such a slut?" I yell at her as I feel her hand collide with my face hard. She slaps me hard. I feel heat in my cheeks. "Asshole! Leave!" She yells at me. I kinda find it hard to hear her. I take one last look at her and then turn and walk to my car. I drive with pain in my heart and in my face. Both worst than the other.

I just drive. I don't know where I am going. I stop at a café's parking lot. I close the car's cover. I just rest my head to the back. I think about you the things I told Ruby. I actually called her a slut. I don't think she is a slut. I was angry. But, now she won't talk to me anymore. She will probably come to school on Monday holding hands with sweetheart Roberts. She will be his girlfriend. I will be just the stupid jerk who was once her friend. Her friend that never had the chance to tell her how crazy he is about her. It will feel like I lost my mother again. I don't wanna feel this again ever. Through my million thoughts that has only one topic. Ruby. I fall asleep.

I wake up on my the sound of a message sent to my phone. I look outside and it is night already. I grab my phone and the message is from Ash. "Woods? Where are you? We need to talk." This was his message. I just ignore it. I walk out of the car into the café. I sit into a booth. My eyes catch a red headed girl in the booth in front of me. It is her. She is wearing red red lipstick which gives more beauty to her freckled face. Her hair is lose. She is wearing a black strapless dress. A necklace is giving more structure to her bare chest. She is laughing. She looks beautiful when she laughs. She is been always beautiful. Since I saw her that day at the lockers. I watch them until Albert gets up and walks to the bathroom. I get up and sit in his place. "Tobias?!" She says. "Hey." I say softly. "Leave me alone. Leave! You're going to ruin the date!" She says is a low voice. "You really like him, don't you?" I ask her with a smirk. "Leave." She says in the same low voice. "I won't leave until you answer me. You do like him?" I ask again. She looks at me for a bit. She hesitates as she answers. "Yes. Yes, Woods. I like him." She says. I am shocked that she called me Woods instead of Tobias. "Is this your way of telling me you're mad?" I ask her. "Leave now!" She says. "Hey, Woods. I didn't ask you to come, too. Did I?" Roberts say as I feel his hand on my shoulder. I get up and remove his hand from my shoulder hard. "Hey, sorry." He says as he walks to the back away from me. "You don't deserve her." I find myself saying. "Tobias!" I hear her say. "Oh yeah, and do you deserve her, Woody woods?" He walks to face me and then say right into my face. "I think mommy Woods left her son alone for a long time." He says. I close my hands into fists trying to hold myself from hitting him. I actually still feel pain in my rips. I am not willing to get involved into anything now. "At least I am good at not making the people I love leave me, Tobias." He says. Oh that's set! I punch him hard in the face. He falls to the ground. I start to punch him harder. I feel hands grab my shoulder. "Stop it!" She says more like yelled. I leave him on the ground. She pushes me. "Go away, Woods! You have ruined enough things!" She says as she pushes me again. I watch her as she leans towards Albert. She holds his face. I turn and leave the café. I get into my car and drive away.