Prologue

Shoutout to Queen_kim247 for the beautiful front cover. She really pulls through every single time.

***

Writer's POV.

^^ Young Jayla

^^ Young Jayla

^^ Young Luis. 
***

"You'll be fine princess" Matéo tells his five year old daughter, Jayla, his blue-green eyes catching her solemn expression in the review mirror, making his heartstrings tug, his brain pleading with him to turn the car around, take them home and get under the covers in time for new episodes of 'Humf'.

But he doesn't.

He has to stay strong and let her spread her wings a little bit with normal children.

He felt a similar experience with Leo, but Leo was so confident and got on straight away, making new friends and capturing his teacher's hearts with his adorable nature.

It's her first day of school and Matéo and Adeline are dropping her off to show their full support.

She stares out of the window wordlessly, butterflies, playing an intense game of football in her stomach.

Leonardo takes his little sister's small hand in his, slightly bigger one.

"Don't worry sis. If anyone hurts you, I'll kick their teeth in" He says with a wide grin and Jayla smiles back.

She adores her big brother and even when he's being mean, Leonardo would do anything for his little sister.

Soon enough, they arrive at the school and Matéo gets out of the car to unbuckle Jayla and Leonardo, while Ade takes their bags out of the back.

Ade picks up her daughter and smothers her in kisses, making her giggle
They hold their children's hands and lead them to their different sections, Matéo going with Jayla and Ade going with Leonardo.

Matéo holds her little hand, which she clings to for dear life.

She is not as confident as her big brother and they do everything together!