Chapter 7

Don't forget to comment and vote you guys!
***

Luis Jones' POV

"Luis" She croaks.

My heart pounds in my chest and my blood roars in my ears.

Even though the room isn't hot, I can feel myself breaking into a cold sweat.

She is here!

Right now.

After a soul crushing break up, hardly an exchange of even simple words and nearly 10 whole ass years, she is here!

Standing right in front of me!

Then it clicks.

She isn't here for me.

She's in Diav's office.

As the co-Don of the Golden Phoenix.

Diav called me as his lawyer and friend.

They're doing business.

I'm here to arrange.

"You both seem to already know each other, well" Diav says, cutting into my thoughts, taking a sip of his wine.

Jayla gets up, shaking her head as if to clear mist.

"Excuse me" She says, snatching up her own wine glass and taking a swift gulp finishing it.

She walks over to the table and picks up to bottle, pouring the contents into her glass until it nearly reaches the rim.

She goes back to the desk, her long red dress sweeping after her.

Her body is slimmer, her toffee coloured skin is smoother and her lips are fuller.

Her thick black hair is also in dreadlocks, making me internally chuckle.

I always said that I didn't like the look of dreadlocks and she always joked about putting her hair into dreadlocks, just to see how I would take it.

I was clearly wrong.

She looks stunning.

The dress shows off some of her more defined curves and then leaves the rest to my imagination.

She sits down, setting her wine on the table.

"So now that introductions are really clear- -" she starts, but Diav cuts her off.