Chapter 13

Jayla Santiago's POV

I sit in the cafe that Temah texted me to meet her at, contemplating my life.

I blush once again, thinking of my moment with Luis last night.

The warm fuzzy feeling evaporates quickly, when I remember that I still haven't called Jaime back.

I sigh.

Just as I think about it more, a beautiful black couple catches my eye.

The woman is tiny in height compared to the man, who holds her hand, while his arm is over her shoulder, a coffee in his other hand.

He wears a stylish winter jacket, a scarf a pair of dress pants, and some boots, while she wears a huge coat, a beanie hat and a pair of winter boots.

They chatter calmly, smiling at one another's antics and it's then that I realise.

Temah!

And the guy with her seems to be quite the catch too.

Extremely dark skin. Pearly white teeth. Tall, handsome and well dressed.

And you could probably slice cheese on a jaw like that!

I approve.

She tries to walk into the cafe, but he pulls her back into him and she rolls her eyes, tiptoeing so that he can lean down and give her a kiss.

His large hands creep down to give her ass a good squeeze in full view of everybody, some of the men that were initially staring at her, looking away with embarrassment, as he winks at them subtly but provocatively as if daring them to look again.

Temah doesn't notice the men, but pulls away in surprise, hitting his chest playfully and laughing.

He has the decency to look sheepish for a second then he gives her another kiss before letting her go into the cafe, then walking off.

She walks into the cafe, eyes searching the place.

A man comes to meet her at the front and she touches fists with him and gives him a quick hug.

She tells him something and he points at my table.

When she sees me, her face splits into a huge grin.

"Diva!" She squeals across the room.

I stand up.

"Diva!" I yell in response, immediately bursting into laughter, at how we imitate our favourite women on our favourite old tv show, earning us some serious side eye from some of the people around us.

She laughs heartily and scoops me into a huge hug.

I hug her back and then we finally pull away so she can take her jacket off.

When she takes it off, I see that she is wearing a huge oversized jumper that looks...

Masculine.

I smirk.

"That doesn't look like it's yours" I say as we sit down.

Despite her dark skin, she flushed and looks at her lap.

"It's not" she responds, her voice going all soft and shy.

I grin.

"Spill the tea" I say.

"His name is Douglas, and he's my boss, at work" she responds simply making me gasp.

"Your what?!" I ask and she shushes me with a laugh.