Chapter 10

Shoutout to _g_clarke_ for the constant love, support and encouragement for my work. You always know how to put a smile on my face with your comments. You're appreciated! 💕.

                                ***

⚠️ Okay, trigger warning, before we start!
In this chapter, a very serious and heartbreaking subject is touched on, so please be aware before you continue. ⚠️.

Disrespect to me or the situation will not be tolerated for a second and if I feel as if you are doing that, I'll warn you than block you.

Thank you.

***

Jayla Santiago's POV

*1 hour before hand.*

I am just about to get into the shower when a thought crossed my mind.

I promise to call Temah and talk!

Maybe I should invite her for coffee since she will know all the best places.

I pick up my phone, tightening the towel around my chest and dial her number.

She picks it up after a couple of rings.

"Hey, Jayla, what's up?" She asks.

Her voice is slightly strained and she sounds breathless.

"You sound weird, you good?" I ask.

"Mhm, yeah, Jayla I'm good" she responds.

"What did you wanna tell me?" She asks.

"Douglas, behave!" She giggles.

I chuckle to myself.

"Your boyfriend is with you? I ask and she giggles a little more.

"Yeah he's here" she says shyly.

"You free later next week?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I should be, Ahh!" She squeals.

"T, are you good?" I ask.

"Mhm!" She responds, her breathing a little heavy.

"Douglas, stop!" She says, her voice unintentionally coming out as a small moan.

I pause and then smirk to myself.

"Temah, is your man, giving you wood, while you're on the phone to me?!" I ask with a cackle.

"N- not... exactly, hmm!" She gasps and I chuckle.

"You nasty hoe!" I tease.

"Meet me on Thursday and we'll talk about everything!" she says, sheepishly.

"Sure thing. And don't forget to tell your man to take it easy! We need you to be able to walk!" I crow.

"Bye, Jayla!" Temah responds before cutting the call and I laugh aloud.

I really am a fool sometimes.

I put my phone down and remove my towel, stepping into the shower, letting the water splash over me.

I let the water flow over me, before squeezing some body wash on a bathing sponge and scrubbing myself clean from head to toe.

After getting out of the shower and doing the rest of my hygiene, I use my body lotion and wear a different set of workout clothes, including another sweatshirt because of the weather.