Chapter 3

^^ Stinking rich- Mostack x Dave x Jhus.
                         ***

Luis Jones' POV.

^^ Luis Jones

^^ Luis Jones

"So when are you gonna actually come and see me?" She asks down the phone.

I sigh.

"Luna, I just want to come and get my son when he is done visiting you" I say, tiredly rubbing my temples.

"Luis, he's my son too!" She whines annoyingly and I hold the phone away from my ear cringing.

"He's our son" she whispers, before sniffing sadly.

Here we go again.

She doesn't deserve him!

"I'll be coming to pick up my son, when I'm finished with work. Argue with me about it and I will make sure that you are drowning in court cases, until the new millennium. I'm a lawyer, I can make it happen." I tell her before hanging up.

I roll my eyes and stand up from my seat.

I walk across my large and pristine clean New York office to look at the silvery skyline.

New York.

It's far from home, but it's home.

I adjusted pretty quickly once I moved, so that I could be closer to my son.

I look at the picture on my desk of me holding him when he was born and I think about my 8 year old son, Kofi.

He wasn't born under the best circumstances, but I don't regret raising him at all.

His mother is the only thing I regret.

A whiny, complaining, cheating, drug taking, deviant little piece of work.

If there is one person I can't stand, it's her.

I only remain civil with her around my son because I don't want him to get hurt.

But he is smarter than it looks.

He senses the tension in the room  by a mile but he doesn't say anything about it.

He is a very quiet boy. Very smart.

He is one of the smartest boys in his school and he's one of their top athletes.

That's my son.

I smile at the thought.

But my smile quickly fades when I realise what I lost.

The time I had to take out of school...

Some of my closest friends...

Jayla.