Chapter 6

Should I do a crossover for this and 'As Black As it Gets' somewhere?
                            ***
Jayla Santiago's POV

I step out of the plane into the cold crisp New York air.

I breathe out, creating a mist in front of me and as soon as I do, one of my men, Donnavan holds open a long fur cloak and another, Jace, holds a hat.

I nod gratefully at them and I step into the cloak, letting the other place the hat on my head.

We go to an extremely swanky hotel, where we are met with a man who speaks to my men in Russian.

I tune out and look around.

The front lobby is ginormous, with a large glass and silver chandelier.

A pair of grand stairs, carpeted red stretch upwards.

We approach the front desk, my men in front of me and they sort my room out.

I don't say a word, but glancing around, I can see people looking at us curiously.

I look down at my Phoenix Signet ring and sigh.

The perks of being a don.

"Don Santiago" a female voice calls meekly.

I turn to see a tall slim and pale lady with a tiny figure.

She wears the hotel's uniform, a white shirt, black skirt and a pair of black shoes, light makeup of a little pressed powder and a pale coloured lipstick.

Her green eyes survey me nervously.

"My name is Yvette Ivanov and I would like to be the first to welcome you to New York's finest Russian hotel." She says to me and I nod.

"Thank you" I respond courteously, taking off my shades, so that I can look her directly in her green eyes.

She nods and leads me to an elevator, where along with Donnavan and Jace, we squeeze inside.

After a couple of minutes, we enter a large hotel room.

I tell the men to leave me and then I strip down and start to get myself ready.

This is gonna be a long night.

***

^^Jayla's dress

^^Jayla's dress.

I look at myself in the mirror and turn myself this way and that to see how well it fits.