Chapter 5

Racketeering~ Dishonest and fraudulent business dealings. Eg. Trading counterfeit money or good to the real thing.

Poaching ~ Taking clients or ideas and making them your own without giving credit.
~ ~ ~

Jayla Santiago's POV.

Diav Kuznetsov.

29 years old.

Born in Moscow, Russia, Diav took over his father's mafia, at the age of 10 years old, when father was killed suddenly, with a shot to the temple, right in front of him and his mother's throat slit open just days afterward.

His enemies thought they should leave him because the emotional scarring would be too much for his innocence to handle.

Dead wrong.

Pun intended.

And as it turns out...

They should have killed him when they had the chance.

By the age of 13, Diav made sure that he wiped them off the face of the earth, their wives, children and anybody in relation to them would be gone by the time night had fallen at the end of his birthday.

Damn.

But we are in agreement with the Russians.

Uncle James makes sure of it.

Why would I need to go and warn them all of a sudden?

I turn the page to look at his picture.

My throat goes dry

My throat goes dry.

White boys aren't usually at all my type.

But this one....

Soft brown eyes.

A hard- set, stubbled jaw, full pink lips set into a neutral line.

Not smiling and not frowning.

Emotionless and half near se- -

Stop!

Business only! That's what this is about!

Get in there, warn him and get out.

That's it!

I sigh to myself.

Make this easy for yourself Jayla.

We don't need ANY more heartbreak, okay?

We can't handle that.

I close Diav's file and then get up to stretch.

I'm in my parents' house, so that my dad can give me a run over of the 'tactics' that I'm going to use going there.