Chapter 21

He awoke in a hospital bed, connected to ventilators, IV fluids, Bloods, a Heart monitor, breathing mask.

Last thing he remembered was being repeatedly stabbed by his captor and Kevin come walking in to the room before the blood loss took over him and he passed out. He wasn't expecting to make it out alive. He didn't expect to make it out at all, yet here he was.

There was a knock at the door and a nurse stepped in.

"Mr Kaplan? Someone's here to see you."

She left and out of all people that could've come to visit him. It had to be Kevin. The man that made all those promises to him and even gave him a promise ring. The man who had broken all promises and lost his trust, faith and loyalty.

"hey... i came to see how you were doing."

Avi didn't even flinch, he didn't move at all.

"Avi?..."

Kevin sat next to the smaller male on the hospital bed.

"i'm great. you know? this has been the worst 6 months of my life but i'm just doing great."

Avi turned to face the Nigerian next to him.

"i know it's been really crappy for you and i am sorry--"

"You're sorry? NOW YOU'RE SORRY?!"

The bearded man sat up in the hospital bed.

"avi-"

"Don't! I WENT THROUGH ALL THAT PAIN AND SUFFERING BY MYSELF AND NO ONE WAS THERE TO HELP ME! NOT EVEN MY SISTER KNEW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF HER SEEMINGLY DEPRESSED LITTLE BROTHER BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T TELL HER ANYTHING BECAUSE HE COULDN'T! THE ONE PERSON THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE FOR ME WAS YOU AND WHERE YOU?! no! YOU WERE TOO BUSY ACCUSING ME OF BEING A CHEAT AND CHEATING ON YOU WITH ANOTHER MAN AND MADE EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVE YOUR LIES AND MITCH HAD TO BE THE ONE WHO FIGURED OUT THE TRUTH AND HE HAD TO GO AND TELL YOU THAT!! YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO TALK TO ME BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T CARE ENOUGH TOO!" 

"avi... i know i didn't really do anything to help you. and i am sorry, but--"

"Are you? Are you really sorry, Kevin? If you were sorry, you wouldn't have let me go through all that trauma by myself!"

"Avi--"

"NO! I was raped, impregnated, blackmailed, threatened, accused, condemned, kidnapped and stabbed and what did anyone do?! NOTHING! No one did anything!"

"Avriel LISTEN TO ME"

It's rare that Kevin explodes like that but when he does. It isn't pretty.

"I know, I've been the worst boyfriend I could ever be. And I know that you have every right to hate me right now because of the way I've treated you first the past 6 months but I just wanted to tell you that... I'm really sorry."

"heard you the first time."

Kevin let out a frustrated sigh. All he wanted to get to the man was how sorry he was for all the pain he had cause had over the last his many months. But Avi wouldn't let him.

"Avi I am trying to tell you something and you're being real thick. "

"I tried to tell you something and you were being real thick and look where that got us! "
Silence

"Kevin. I really don't want to be around you right now. And I don't know when I will ever want to be around you again. Right now, I need someone who has put up with me these past 6 months without blowing up at me or doing anything to harm my mental health and wellbeing. And if I am being honest with you Kevin. You aren't one of those people. "