The journey back home (a mystery dungeon/ miraculous preview)

First person POV

I woke up, looking around me. This place looked... strange, unfamiliar even. Looking up at the canopy, I realized how short I was. Wait... I shouldn't be this short. Looking at myself, I realized that I was covered with black and orange fur exactly like...

Some kind of black and orange creature.

Finding a nearby pond, I was immediately greeted with my reflection. Not of a human's but of a black and orange cat's...

What... what am I? I freaked out for an instant. How did I get here?

I searched my brain, trying to find anything. Anything about how I turned into this creature.

However, I couldn't remember anything. Well... anything but the fact that I was a human and that my name was Adrien.

Realizing how thirsty I was, I bent down awkwardly and drank some of the water. Surprisingly, it actually tasted good. It appears that my senses have been enhanced with my transformation into whatever I was. It was then when I realized that I was utterly and truly lost. How was I supposed to navigate a world I didn't know?"

Just then, I noticed that there was a pendent around my neck. On it was a black charm with a green paw print on it. Huh? I wonder what that is...

Standing up, I stretched a bit. Seeing an Apple on the ground, I started eating it. Delighted that it tasted better than usual. "This is good..."

Having eaten, I decided to walk around this strange world. After about an hour of aimless walking, I found myself in a so called market place in the middle of the forest.

It was bustling with tons of different creatures. A few squirrel like creatures were running a shop selling glowing fur balls. The stall beside it had a wise looking owl seeming to be a fortune teller. Walking into the small market place was a group of younger creatures, leaded by one that looked a bit like a giraffe.

In the middle of the town square was a risen platform. On it were two dancing yellow flowers performing to the beat of a pink creature singing a lively song.

Walking up to a random creature that looked like a blue turtle, I decided to ask for directions.

"Hey there! I was hoping that you could tell me where I am. I'm not exactly from around here."

The turtle smiled at me. "You must be a litten right? It's actually quite rare to see one in this area. We are currently in Lushwood Town. The name's Cruze. What's yours?"

"The name's Adrien. What's a litten?"

"Umm you? You're a litten, right?"

"I am?"

"What other Pokémon can you be?"

"Pokémon? What's that?"

"Huh?" Cruze looked at me weirdly. "Don't you know?"

I shook my head.

"Well, A Pokémon is a kind of creature... basically all of us here." He gestured to the creatures in the market place.

"There are currently 16 types of Pokémon. I, for example, am a water type, capable of performing water type attacks." Cruze shot a little water fountain in the air, surprising me.

"Whoa... that's something." I gazed in awe at the rainbow formed in the wake of the little fountain.

Cruze nodded. "You have just witnessed water gun which is a water type attack."

"Cool!"

"There's more. Although there are only 16 types of Pokémon, there are over 800 different species in total! For example, I'm a squirtle and you are a litten."

"What type am I?"

"Fire." Cruze simply answered. "You're definitely not from here or you would know what a Pokémon is. Why don't you come with me? I could show you around the market and bring you to the explorers guide. They'll take you in."

"Thanks!" Gratefully, I followed Cruze around as he started pointing out the different species of Pokémon and their types. Wondering once more how I had gotten into this mysterious world of Pokémon.

——————

This is just a teaser draft of a book that I'm currently planning on writing but I thought I'll post something here anyway as this could be considered a oneshot... I think? Well... it was originally planned as one. I don't know when the first chapter would be out but I'm guessing that it would be by the end of this week.

Here's the cover if you guys are interested.

I kind of merged many drawings together to get this cover so credits to whoever who produced the pics in the cover above

I'll see you guys when I next update!