Grand Opening (pokemon stories, cooking tales)

(Buttercup's point of view)

I smiled, looking at the finished product of our stall, a small stand with many tables and chairs in front on it. Beside the furniture was a mini garden already filled with multiple Oran, Pecha, Sitrus, Tomato, Bulk and many other different kinds of berries.

"It looks great!" Blaze smiled, putting the last few cooking utensils in their places.

"We look like we're ready to open!" Meadow agreed, decorating the stand with flowers.

"But... we don't have a menu!" I suddenly realized, watching as the smiles disappeared from the snover's and charmander's faces.

"Well... I guess we would have to make one..." Meadow produced a few leaves and tied up their ends to make a menu.

"So, what are we going to cook?"

"Let's think about the drinks first." I suggested.

"I know!" Blaze perked up. "We could have Tomato berry juice, bulk berry juice, a surprise berry juice with random berries, Pecha, Oran and Sitrus berry smoothies with a choice of whipped Alcremie cream, and oh! Maybe we could even have customized juices as well! And moo moo milk... of course!"

"Cool! What about Pecha berry waffles, Oran berry pancakes, Combee honey croissants, snover berry toast and many others for the breakfast sets?" Meadow continued, getting excited.

"Hmm... for the main courses we could have some tomato berry pasta, perhaps toasted bread, fried potatoes with popped cornn berries, cooked perfect apples, stewed chestnuts, Baked energy seeds and more!" I answered.

"What about snacks?" Meadow pondered the thought for a moment.

"Donuts, fried encouragement seeds, gummi packs, slowpoke tails, Tropius bananas... need I go on?" Blaze suggested.

"As for deserts, I don't even know where to start!" The charmander continued. "Snover berry ice cream... actually, we could make multiple ice cream flavors! We could also have pudding, jelly and many others!"

"Wow. You're good at this." I remarked, looking at Blaze in awe.

"Well... I tend to cook a lot..." Blaze smiled sheepishly as we wrote down all the items and more onto our menu.
—————————
"Is that all for now?" Meadow questioned, making our twentieth menu.

"Well... that should be enough." Blaze confirmed, putting the menus to one side.

"So... are we going to do the grand opening now?" I asked, polishing the tables for not last time.

"I guess..." Meadow mumbled. "Why don't we start tomorrow? I've got a number of fliers that we could give out to advertise our stall. We could do that today and start the open our stall tomorrow."

"That makes sense." I picked up a huge amount of the fliers. "I'll be giving them out!"

I walked out of the stall as soon as I saw the nodding of heads from the charmander and the snover, heading out into the streets.

"Hey Buttercup!" I heard a voice call out. Looking to my left, I saw Sparky the pachirisu sitting on a low branch of the tree I was under.

"Hey Spark!" I greeted him back using his nickname.

"How did the cook off go?" He asked, bouncing down the tree.

"Well, not too well. However, I did make a few new friends. We're starting a shop together tomorrow." I handed over one of the fliers.