Chapter Two: The Happiest Day

Todoroki crept back into his and (Y/n)'s bedroom, removing the shorter male's phone from the bedside table. He slipped it into the pockets of his sleep pants, once again leaving the man to slumber.

Todoroki made coffee for everyone, then tea for Kirishima. He sat at the table, letting the news sink in. He couldn't believe it. The fact that he couldn't believe it himself made him feel worse for (Y/n). How was he supposed to handle it if Todoroki himself was having a hard time? The tall man sighed helplessly when he heard light footsteps pad towards him. 

"Morning, Shou," (Y/n) greeted, "have you seen my phone? It wasn't on the nightstand," (Y/n) questioned.

Todoroki weighed his options for replying before deciding to go with partial honesty — "I have it." 

"Oh?" (Y/n) asked.

"I was thinking you and I would go out today, and maybe we could stay off our electronics," Todoroki proposed.

"You're such a sap," (Y/n) deadpanned, glancing at the kitchen, "but sure, I guess, and thanks for making coffee."

"It's no problem," Todoroki smiled softly, "I'm going to go get changed."

· · ·

The two walked together through their new neighborhood. They hadn't put in the effort of making themselves familiar with the area yet, which made the walk all the more refreshing. There weren't too many people, and it was just more peaceful than the city overall. The two decided that they'd settle in a little café between a flower shop and knickknack store. 

The moment they stepped inside, Todoroki immediately revaluated his decision. The first thing he saw, or rather the first person that he saw was Giran. As if being an all too familiar con wasn't bad enough, he tended to reek of cigarette smoke. The smile he gave them sent chills down Todoroki's spine simply from the fact that this guy can't not seem illegally suggestive.

"Ah, new customers?" Giran asked playfully, "I haven't seen your group around in a while."

"You shouldn't expect to," (Y/n) told him, scoffing, "at least not for a bit."

"Is that any way to talk to someone in my position?" Giran questioned playfully.

"You're a cashier," Todoroki pointed out (ever so slightly smug-like, by what (Y/n) could tell).

"You're unemployed," Giran fired back.

"Money has to come from somewhere, you know," (Y/n) pointed out.

-

In the end, they just sat at a table outside and talked. The air seemed ever so slightly gloomy, almost taking away from the beautiful day. Todoroki could only assume that anyone his age (or anyone old enough to remember the person) had heard the news and was upset. 

· · ·

"Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked, continuing to look around the unfamiliar terrain. 

"I don't know," Todoroki smiled, "we'll figure it out when we get there."

"I can't tell if you're messing with me or being stupid," (Y/n) muttered under his breath.

Todoroki didn't respond, but he smiled as soon as he caught sight of the person he was looking for. He had heard a little rumor that he could find an old friend here, and Todoroki was more than glad to see the other person just as unsuspecting as (Y/n) was. He began to take larger steps, annoying the male next to him.