The Cop's Son

Can you imagine dating a police officer's son? Well, yea neither could I. That is, until I starting dating one.

"Hey, so when am I gonna mean your parents?" I asked my boyfriend of two months.

"Soon," he said. "I really want you to, but my dad is always busy,"

"What about your mom?" I asked.

"She doesn't live with us. It's just me and my dad." He said blankly.

"Oh shoot, sorry that's right, I forgot," I said putting a hand on his shoulder as I sat next to him.

"No, it's fine don't worry about it," he smiled at me.

--

A few days later ——on a Friday after school—— I was over at his house.

We sat close together on his living room couch. No one else was home. Just him and I.

As I laid against him, I began to close my eyes due to my exhaustion. The past week had been extremely stressful with finals and it being the week before school ended for the summer.

My eyes had been closed for all of a minute until the front door swung open in the room over. I jolted up due to the unexpected noise. C/n sat up as well.

"Aye, c/n," a man with a husky voice shouted through the house. "You home, son?"

"Yea, Dad," he said. "In the living room,"

A man in a cop's uniform walked into the room. My eyes widened. Almost instantly I fled myself from anywhere close to contact with c/n and my heart was almost about to beat out of my chest.

Here's the deal. Every since I got pulled over my first time driving when I'd just gotten my permit because my brake lights were stuck on, I've had the worst anxiety around anyone in the law enforcement. So, now you understand my reaction.

"Y/n, this is my dad," c/n said.

I swallowed. "Hey, Mr c/l/n," I tried to take a deep breath. "Nice to meet you," I side-eyed c/n. He looked concerned.

He mouthed "you okay?" and I subtly shook my head in a "no" gesture.

"Ah," Mr c/l/n started. "So, this is the girl my son talks so much about?"

"Dad!" C/n whisper-shouted. I smiled. My anxiety slowly starting to fade.

"Well, was in the neighbourhood while heading back to the station and just thought I'd let you know you can order whatever for dinner, I'm gonna be out real late," he said, his hat in his hands.

"Sounds good Dad," c/n said.

"Alright then," he looked around the room, put his hat back on his head, then looked at me, "good to meet you y/n," he said.

I tried at a small smile. "You too Mr c/l/n,"

Then he nodded at his son. "See ya," he said.

"Bye Dad," c/n said.

After he'd left I let out a long deep breath that I felt I'd been holding in that whole time.

"What's wrong?" C/n asked. "And why were you so weird around my dad?"

"I have this heavy paranoia around law enforcement officers," I sighed and shoved my face into my knees which were curled up against me on the couch.

"I'm sorry," he said sympathetically as he scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. "I should have told you sooner," he rubbed his hand up and down my arm.