happy birthday to me

y/n p.o.v.

This is it! Finally my birthday, the first one I get to spend with the love of my life, y/bf.

I jumped out of bed and went downstairs expecting to see him in the kitchen making breakfast as always, but he was already gone.

"That's weird," I said to myself. "He's never gone this early in the morning,"

Next I tried calling him. Twice. He didn't answer.

"Double weird," I said.

So, without knowing where y/bf was and him not answering his phone, I called my best friend.

"Hey!" She sounded excited when she answered.

"Hey, you didn't forget about my birthday too, did you?" I asked slightly concerned that she might have.

"What?! No! No, no, no, don't worry I could never," she said quickly.

"Phew, ok good, because it looks like y/bf did," I said with my voice trailing as I got towards the end of my sentence.

"Oh, hunny, I'm sorry," she said in comfort. "You wanna do something with me and y/f and o/f?"

"Yea that sounds nice," I smiled.

"Ok, get dressed -something nice- and I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Ok," I said and hung up.

"I still can't believe he forgot my birthday," I said once again to myself as I headed upstairs to get ready.

-

I wore a cute white mini skirt and a turquoise cropped tank top with cute tan sandals I'd just bought the other day.

I'd been waiting for just the right occasion to wear this outfit and today was the perfect opportunity

I heard the doorbell ring and I rushed to the door, opening it to a very smiley y/bsf.

She instantly pulled me into a hug and swayed back and forth with me in her arms.

"Happy birthday!!!!" She exclaimed as she swayed wildly from side to side.

"Thank you!!!" I said trying to get out of her hug as it made me slightly dizzy.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!" She said as she looked me from top to bottom.

"Thaaaanks..." I said shyly.

"Come on," she said as she took my hand, leading me to her car. "Y/f and o/f are already in the car,"

"Hellooo birthday giiirl!!!" They both exclaimed as I climbed into the passenger seat.

"Hi!!" I replied excitedly as I turned around to see enormous smiles on both of their faces.

-

We got lunch and went the the centre of town to take some cute artsy pictures for instagram and such. Overall it was just a really amazing day. The only thing missing was y/bf.

My friends dropped me off at home and I saw y/bf's car parked in the driveway.

"Well, time to confront him about his failing memory," I said aloud as I walked up the porch steps.

I opened the door calling out "y/bf..."

"Oh good, you're home, perfect timing!" He said. "Grab a sweater and meet me in the car," he said grabbing his keys and rushing out the door.

"Great," I rolled my eyes in annoyance and went up the stairs to grab a sweater like he said.

"Put this on," he said handing me a blindfold.

"What? Why?" I questioned rashly.

"Do you trust me?" He said taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it.

I didn't say anything. I just sighed and put on the blindfold.

He backed out of the driveway and drove off with me in the passenger seat having no idea where we were going or the ability to see where we were going.

-

We drove for about twenty minutes before he stopped and put the car in park.

"I'll help you out," he said while unbuckling his seatbelt.

He scurried to my side of the car, opened the door and gentlemanly helped me out of the car and shutting the door behind me.

"Now keep the blindfold on until I say otherwise," he said as he led me forward.

"Don't let me trip and break me face," I said as I, seconds later, tripped over a rock in what seemed to been grass and dirt. "Where the hell are we and why did you bring me here? Especially in a blindfold," I said frustrated.

"I've got you, just a few more steps," he said tightening his grip around my shoulders.

After a few more steps he let go of me said "stay there" and walked forward a bit more.

"Ok, you can take it off now," he said. I could hear that his voice was at least five feet away.

I took the blindfold off and my jaw practically dropped.

"Y/bf, what is this?" I asked as I stared at a blanket in the middle of a fielded hilltop overlooking the city with a basket and food spread all across the blanket.

"Well, it's your birthday isn't it?" He asked and I just nodded. "So I did this special for you!" He said walking towards me.

"So you didn't forget?" I whimpered.

"No, no, no, of course I didn't forget, c'mere," he reassured me pulling me into a hug.

We stood there as he held me gently in his arms for a minute or two before he said "happy birthday y/n, I love you more than you could ever imagine," the kissed me on my forehead.

-

a/n: as alwaaaaysss i SUCK at endings but i hope you enjoyed this one :)

and today is my 17th birthday so that's great

anyway, i hope you have a lovely day/evening/night <3