Distracted

Waking up early, Lucy prepared herself for the battle wearing a comfortable jogger jeans and white upper sleeveless shirt. She glanced at the right corner of the room seeing an empty bed of Erza. Anger rose up thinking the situation of the girls and at the same time, the guilt. A knock by the door bring her back to reality and then someone came in soon after.

"I didn't said you to come in" she said bluntly feeling tired to argue with him again about their situation.

"I'm a King remember? I don't listen to anyone" Natsu proudly announced. He's wearing quite commendable for their attack which perfectly suits him and revealing his strong aura and muscles. Natsu saw her gaze and smirked at her reaction.

"Are you checking me?"

"In your dreams"

"You're in my dreams.."

Silence.

"What do you want Dragneel?" Lucy barked sensing the increasing heat in the room.

"I were just about to tell you that everything is on the line. Gajeel already asked from his father's reinforcement to help and they affirmed that the girls are inside the base. They're all waiting on the lobby, anytime soon we will sail back to the city and stick to the plan..." Natsu announced.

"Well that's good" she turn around to grab something and turn back again when she bumped to Natsu's bare chest. Looking up, he saw him looking intently at her. There's a look on his eyes that's making her feet go weak and she stepped back making a space between them.

"What are you doing?!" she said giving him the best glare she could master at the moment. He stepped forward as she stepped back.

"Do you really have to do this?.." he softly said. Now, she's hundred percently sure he's worried for her. 

"I have to! and you can't stop me" she stepped back as he stepped forward.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" she stepped back and were stopped by a wall. Natsu stepped in breaking the space between them. They could feel each others heated body and thundering heartbeat. Lucy stare at the floor feeling nervous all of the sudden.

"...because I care" he gently said raising her chin to face him. Lots of unspoken words concealed as they stare at each others eye.

Distracted. Lucy didn't know what to do. She want to kick Natsu's balls to make him regret what's he doing but her body didn't listen to her brains command. Slowly, Natsu lean closer to her and she closed her eyes following her feminist intuition. 

"I care that's why I'm doing this for you" he whispered to her ear.

Click.

Natsu handcuffed her at the beds' railings. Opening her eyes in understanding, Lucy ferociously glare at him who moved away from a safer distance.

"What the hell! Let me out of this Natsu!" she yelled trying to breakthrough from the handcuff.

"Ah! I love the way you yell my name. But sorry Luce, you need to stay. It's for the best" he assured. And walked through the door locking it from the outside then putting a 'Do not disturb' sign.

"Natsu! You bastard! Let me out of here! Natsu!!"

Natsu walked to the lobby attracting confused looks from the boys. Gray were the one to ask.

"Where's Lucy?"

"She's not coming"

"What? Why?!"