Back to Normal

Lucy were tasked in arranging the books in the library for a week. The last thing she would do in her whole life. They said its a make-up session for all the days she was absent but for her it's a sick punishment. Being surrounded by books, is never her thing. Yes, she loves reading but that's just for making herself look busy and all. Maybe, if she's still her old self, she'll definitely love this. But not now.

"Hey, Luce" Natsu whispered to her ear that bring shiver down her spine and made her heart beating insanely. In respond, she smack Natsu with encyclopedia book whom he dodged it so easily. He smirked in her reaction.

"This is not the reaction I expected. Tell me, are you falling in love with me already?"

Unwanted heat slowly rising her cheeks and once again she smack Natsu with a book and this time he didn't dodge. Though instead of minding the pain, he's smiling brightly at Lucy who walked passed him continuing her job. 

"Relax. I'm just pulling your leg."

But jokes are half meant.

"It's not a funny joke. At all." Lucy said rolling her eyes to Natsu whom comfortably leaning on the bookshelves. "What are you doing here? I don't have time for you"

"I don't know. I just want to see you" he said honestly while shrugging.

"Stupid" Lucy said but cannot stop a half smile from escaping.

She continued her work in silence as Natsu also helped her in arranging the books on its original place. Though, little do they know that they are taking a quick glance on each other from time to time. Putting in the last book, Lucy were about to leave when Natsu grab her arm. She was taken aback and lost her balance that caused them to fall  to the floor with Lucy on top of Natsu.

Lucy didn't expected what happened next as she opened her eyes, she meet eye to eye with the person she hated the way he make her heart go crazy. She was about to get out from their awkward position when Natsu locked his arm around her waist, stopping her in an instant with wide eyes.

"What a-are you doing Dragneel! Let go off m-me this instant!" She said in protest. She tried escaping from his touch but suddenly all of her strength are melting like an ice cream.

Natsu didn't flinch on every punches and protest he gets. It only made his hold to tighten. He tuck behind Lucy's ear a strand of hair that's blocking his view on her face and continue to stare at her alluring eyes. Lucy were stunned at his simple action and stop resisting as she also stare at his deep captivating eyes.

"I want you to go out with me" He said with all seriousness and command yet still managed to be passionate and gentle.

*Dug*Dug*

Her heartbeat goes escalating again. His intense stare are making herself uncomfortable all of a sudden. She feels like she can't say no to him. Heck! She doesn't even have the intention of turning down his offer at the first place. Lucy curse herself from letting weakness enter her defense system. Right now, she just hope that someone will help her from her current disposition. Anyone?!!

And just like that, the librarian saw their current position and passed down immediately to the floor.

#Save!

XOXOX

Lucy came out of the detention room with annoyed expression. Natsu hurriedly followed her pace and walked beside her while smiling in triumphant.

"I really want to erase that smug reaction on your face right now" Lucy said with mixed annoyance and anger.

"Please do the honor my Queen. I already know what you're capable of doing but I also know that you can't do that to me" he carefree announced. Without wasting a second, Lucy pushed Natsu hard against the nearest wall while clutching his uniform.