4 p.m sharp

I wake up early on Saturday morning it's around 9 am and I've got to eat breakfast shower and make myself look nice. I finish getting ready at about 10 and that's certainly the longest time I've spent getting prepared to go out. I went downstairs to see Grandma Erina staring up and down at me.

Erina: Well, someone's looking well presented.

Speedwagon also walks holding a tray with tea.

Speedwagon: You look like you're trying to impress someone but are also trying to look casual.

Y/n: I think I look great!

A/n: Art is the property of Josukepimphand, send him some love for his awesome art

Erina: Don't dodge the question y/n, you're going on a date aren't you?

Y/n (miserably): Yeah...

Speedwagon: Hey, why are you so depressed? Do you not fancy her?

Y/n (jumpy): No it's not that! It's just... Do you think I'll do a good job?

Erina (softly): Of course you do, I know it's stereotypical, but just be yourself. If she likes you for who you are, great but is she doesn't then it's just meant to be.

Speedwagon: Need a lift there?

Y/n: No thanks, we're gonna walk. We're only going to the town centre, she said to me in a text that she wants to "see where it takes us." I'll be going to get her at 4 p.m.

Erina then pulls out her phone before exclaiming:

Erina: I've just added 82000 yen to your bank account.

A/n: That's around £60 or $76 dollars for any American readers :)

Y/n: Cheers Erina!

Erina: Also I know a lot of young people have a habit of this on first dates...

I don't like where this is going...

Erina: but if you want any con-

Y/n (embarrassed): THANK YOU, GRAN! THERE WILL BE NONE OF THAT!

We all laugh at her little joke as I sit down and play some video games on the Xbox downstairs. My favourite game right now is Mortal Kombat, which in a superhero society, has a lot of real life cosplayers. And by that, I mean people who could actually tear your heart out.

Time flies by and I see it's now 3:00 p.m, better get a move on. I put on my shoes and unlock the door calling out to Erina and Speedwagon.

Erina: Enjoy your date!

Speedwagon: Good luck out there slugger.

I follow the address she texted me and walk for a solid 40 minutes before I arrive at her home. Her house looks really nice and well presented, it's in a friendly neighbourhood from what I've heard.