Chapter 4

Itʼs been a week since Iʼve been living in this hell-hole and nothing seems to be going my way, not even the new escape plan I was coming up with.

See, in order for my plan to work out, Omkara had to at least acknowledge my existence but instead, he came to loath it.

However, thereʼs some-what good news about my current situation. I made progress with the vampires.

I havenʼt really had an actual conversation with any of them but I didnʼt ignore them or mentally gag every time I see them either, which I think is a big step for me.

They seem to think that I was "finally" getting used to my new home which is probably the reason why they hadnʼt forced themselves to feed on me.

I rummaged through my luggage and smiled when I noticed the little wooden box, safely tucked right underneath some of my clothes.

I picked it out gently and placed it on the dressing table before opening it to reveal a locket necklace that I had received from my father.

I opened the locket and stared at the single picture of my mother and father, both smiling genuinely, their cheeks slightly pressed against each otherʼs.

I quickly shut the locket, blinking away my tears as I straightened my posture. Relax Gauri, itʼs not like youʼre never going to see them again.

"I should get ready." I mumbled to myself, staring up at the huge clock that hung on the wall. It was 730 pm, almost time for dinner and I canʼt be late. It was always my usual routine to eat as soon as possible and leave the room.

I quickly stripped off my clothes and rushed to pick out an outfit. Sighing, I grabbed a huge grey sweater and a pair of black shorts. As I slipped them on, I realized that the sweater reached up to my mid-thighs, covering the shorts that I wore underneath.

"Nope, letʼs go with a tight." I told myself and was about to grab a black leggings when the door flew open and in came Ananya, wearing a night gown that barely concealed her, well, anything.

Shit, I forgot to lock the door.

"Be more careful, what if it was one of the guys?!" my inner voice hissed at me and I sighed before returning my gaze back to Ananya who was now walking up to my dressing table.

"Theyʼll be a blood bath tonight." she barely muttered under her breath and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked, watching her pick up my necklace before opening the locket and scoffing at the picture.

"If youʼve got nothing to say, leave." I spoke softly and she turned around to face me, her thick brown hair flawlessly flipping to a side.

"Iʼm letting you know in case you decide to bail out," she sneered, furrowing her eyebrows together in annoyance.

"Again." She added, leaning against the table and peering at me.

"Please put that necklace down." I said, closing the wardrobe and exhaling deeply.

Guess Iʼll have to change when she leaves.

"Just saying, Gauri. The boys are going to have a different course of food tonight and a different..." she paused, gently tangling the necklace in-between her fingers.

"Drink." She finished and I stared at her in disbelief.

"What do you mean? I thought they feed at midnight or outside where-"

"This is their home. What did you expect? That they would keep playing nice just because weʼre newbies?" she cut me off and I gulped softly before shaking my head.