Chapter 6

"You wouldnʼt dare..." I barely choked out and he took a step forward, decreasing the space between us but I didnʼt dare to rip my eyes away from his face.

"Try me, doll face." He challenged, slightly leaning his face closer and I fixated my gaze inside his blue eyes, searching for any sign of lie but there was none. He was being sincere right now.

"Why are you doing this-"

"Go back to your room," he cut me off, taking a step back and giving me a glare. "Now!" he yelled, causing me to jump us and scurry out of the room like a scared puppy.

As soon as I opened my room, I slammed the door behind me, releasing any anger I had left and plopping on the bed. I buried my face inside the pillows and went over Omkara's threats.

Thereʼs no way he would turn me into a vampire. Itʼs not only because I have a weak heart but itʼs also because he canʼt risk the chance of losing his image.

"How ironic, becoming the one thing you despise the most. Shall we try it?" these words swam through my mind for the next half an before my eyelids gave in and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

"How long do we have to wait?" I heard whine across the table and I glanced at the empty seat next to mine, where Omkara usually sat.

Everyoneʼs been waiting for breakfast and Omkara has still not woken up which was highly unusual.

He was almost never late.

"Gauri's , why donʼt you go call him?" I heard Shivaay's voice and my heart almost ripped out of my chest at his words.

"I-"

"Iʼll go, she doesnʼt have to." Ananya interrupted impatiently, her tone slightly turning annoyed and I couldnʼt help but feel relieved.

"I didnʼt ask you to, did I?" Shivaay asked softly, his tone turning unexpectedly serious and annoyed which was strange because he was almost always sweet and gentle when he spoke to me.

I always felt like he was picking his words carefully when it comes to me but then again, this could be his way of getting on my good side.

"Sorry." I heard Ananya mutter before sitting back down and I looked at Shivaay, giving him my pleading look but he wasnʼt going to take "no" for an answer.

"Go, you want to get on his good side? This is your chance." He stated, placing his elbows on the table and interlocking his fingers before giving me a small smile.

"I never wanted to-"

"Gauri , are you going to go or not? Weʼre going to start without him and if he gets upset about it, Iʼm blaming you for it." Raj growled and I snapped my head towards him before shooting up from my position and rushing towards the door.

"Was that really necessary?" I heard Shivaay's voice before I walked out of the room and practically jogged upstairs. I honestly cannot get into trouble today and I certainly cannot get blamed for something I had nothing to do with.

"Which room was it anyways?" I pondered, trying to remember the last time I saw Omkara walk into his room. The door was definitely a black wooden door but thatʼs about all I got.

As I passed through the hallway, I took a left turn and came across the familiar black, wooden door, which I assumed was Omkara's room.

Taking one last breath, I knocked on the door several times but there was no response so I opened the door, walking in slowly, praying I didnʼt anger him by walking inside without his permission.